Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Route tracking

We don't have access to the telemetry files like other brands do. I been trying to get Autel to include it somehow in the app so we could use them in programs like Dashware or RaceRender.
The only means of tracking is in the newer apps you have the option to click on Show Flight Route. Then on the main page of the app you have Autel Academy, Flight Records, Bind to SN & Settings. If you go into Flight records it shows you a tracked record on a map. If you quad is lost it should get you pretty close to where it is.

Why can't I access "Flight Records" in my Starlink application? Just bought it a few weeks ago but the Flight Records icon on the right side of the screen remains gray and won't respond. Any thoughts?

For now...you have route tracking, turn it on in your general settings. This will highlight your map view and show you where you have flown. The updated Starlink app due to come out in several months will have Flight Records. Some of us already have the beta version and are testing it. But for now, turn on your "Route Tracking"

IMG_1636.PNG

The app is not very polished and Autel has been very slow at updating it unfortunately. Many items on the screen are disabled and until they release a newer version we are stuck with it.

We don't have access to the telemetry files like other brands do. I been trying to get Autel to include it somehow in the app so we could use them in programs like Dashware or RaceRender.
The only means of tracking is in the newer apps you have the option to click on Show Flight Route. Then on the main page of the app you have Autel Academy, Flight Records, Bind to SN & Settings. If you go into Flight records it shows you a tracked record on a map. If you quad is lost it should get you pretty close to where it is.

You can export previous flight log from the craft by using a usb cable. I wrote a tool to read and analyze the log files Autel generates and you can also export in a few standardized formats using save As.
I used Dashware in the past by importing a standardized format, I just can't remember if I exported as gfx file or kmz file.

You can get the tool here, and in the docs section describes how to get the .bin logs off the craft.
X-Star Log Viewer

I could never get that to work. When I dumped the log it was never very big. Not like others that said it takes a long time to copy over.

Just for the hell of it I gave it another try Shlap
This time I actually had some log file info. Not all my log files where there. I have had data logging on so I am not sure why only some show up. Seems to be within the last two weeks I been getting log files. This is around the time I started testing the peta apps.
Anyways I converted one into a .gpx file and dashware was able to load it.

So if you are a dashware user and you now have windows 10 installed on your computer you will most likely have noticed importing videos does not work anymore. :(
Well there is a very easy fix. Go to your dashware directory and delete this file " MFPlat.dll "
Once deleted just open Dashware.exe from the directory (pay attention to the red print) and you should be able to use it as you have in the past.
This worked for me so I see no reason why it will not work for you.

Is there a way to track your flight, In case if a flyaway?
If you install the beta starlink app , it has a recorded flight video with all telemetry. I just installed it the other day it's pretty cool. When I get off work today I can upload a video to show you what I mean.

If you install the beta starlink app , it has a recorded flight video with all telemetry. I just installed it the other day it's pretty cool. When I get off work today I can upload a video to show you what I mean.

I you look at post #2 its all ready been posted.

I been working on trying to get as much info from the File dump you can do and use Shla's X-Star log viewer that he made to convert it to a file that RaceRender or Dashware can read. Having problems getting actual elevation and battery voltage. Both are in the files but for some reason neither program recognizes the data. RaceRender uses a climb value which I think is the alt. but not really sure but its dam close.
The one that I want to see is the voltage. If I upload the data to dronelogbook it reads the battery voltage so I know its in there someplace :) screenshot-www.dronelogbook.com 2017-03-07 17-26-58.png

Anyways its fun playing around with this stuff

Ok, dumb question: how do you grab the logs from the x-star premium? Windows 10, I have a usb cable plugged into the drone, the drone powered up, but...no "drive" or device is present. Is there a driver or something I need to install? Thanks!

Err...nevermind...found the directions here: X-Star Log Viewer

Glad you found what you were looking for. Depending on how many flights is stored the file can be very large. I also found I had to look around for the right file I wanted to match up to my video. Not that hard as the files are all time stamped but the last flight might be in folder #10 instead of folder #1 or the last folder.

I downloaded the entire "logs" folder; was about 126Mb and only had a couple minutes to play with Shlap's very cool app. Can't wait to dig in a bit more!

So my next question is: once we download logs, should we delete them off the xstar to free up space? If so, should we delete the entire "logs" folder? Or just the files in each individual folder (that actually have files in them)? Or...just leave them on the xstar and let them accumulate?

I wouldn't delete them. If you ever have to send in your quad for warrant they might need to see all the logs.
Thanks; I thought the same thing so I didn't delete any of them. I just hope that doesn't fill up some day and lock up the XSP...espically mid-flight!

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials