Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Roll back firmware

King air

Reaction score
Aftet i updated the firmware to 1.6.5 the nano flies real nervously and like to know how to roll back to previous firmware which it flew very nice

I don't even have the drone yet but a couple questions on updating firmware. All I see is to use the Autel app for the Nano+. The EVO II looks like you can do manual updates and transfer via SD card or the app. In the download area I did not see the option to manually down load the firmware and assume this option is not available for the Nano+.

I am a bit shocked they don't offer manual updates if this is the case, wonder if they could add this feature. It seems some updates fix things for some and others with the exact same drone have issues after. The bottom line for any drone seems to be once it is working how you like it, don't mess with it...this is regardless of who makes it as all seem to have this problem.

Just thinking about this....
Is there a way to save the file for the update on the phone somehow to reload it later, I would assume you would need to uninstall and then re-install the app at this point. Not sure if there would be a way to "reset" the firmware on the drone so it wouldn't rat you out as having something more recent than the update you want to load.

I think the last update included changes to the controller and battery firmware too. It's likely that these are only tested as a complete system so you'd be taking a risk downgrading just one or two of the system and then you'd have so support from Autel should you brick anything.

Nano firmware
I don't even have the drone yet but a couple questions on updating firmware. All I see is to use the Autel app for the Nano+. The EVO II looks like you can do manual updates and transfer via SD card or the app. In the download area I did not see the option to manually down load the firmware and assume this option is not available for the Nano+.

I am a bit shocked they don't offer manual updates if this is the case, wonder if they could add this feature. It seems some updates fix things for some and others with the exact same drone have issues after. The bottom line for any drone seems to be once it is working how you like it, don't mess with it...this is regardless of who makes it as all seem to have this problem.

Just thinking about this....
Is there a way to save the file for the update on the phone somehow to reload it later, I would assume you would need to uninstall and then re-install the app at this point. Not sure if there would be a way to "reset" the firmware on the drone so it wouldn't rat you out as having something more recent than the update you want to load.
Nano+ firmware can be installed from sdcard. To my understanding a downgrade is not possible though.

I have never encountered a legitimate explanation for why it would be in a customer's self-interest to be forbidden from reverting to a prior version of software, when desired.

Why do manufacturers such as Autel impose it?

Reactions: JonasSiljan
Nano firmware

Nano+ firmware can be installed from sdcard. To my understanding a downgrade is not possible though.

I have never encountered a legitimate explanation for why it would be in a customer's self-interest to be forbidden from reverting to a prior version of software, when desired.

Why do manufacturers such as Autel impose it?
I have not seen any firmware versions for the Nano+ to load to an SD card from a computer. Maybe my search on the Autel site was a big fail but didn't see it in the downloads area in the consumer section, happen to have a link where I went wrong?

Thanks

There is an autel employee around the forum who can send you the firmware file but i'm drawing a blank on his name, sorry. You might find him if you use the search function with 'firmware'.

Rollback is possible. The previous firmware can be downloaded from the link.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials