Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Refurbished Apple 2018 MacBook Air & MacBook Pros on sale at Woot

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score
Some of you are considering upgrading computers so I see Woot dot com has some refurb Apple 2018 MacBook Air & MacBook Pros on right now. Woot is just part of Amazon but kind of a discount center. They do not ship to Canada unfortunately. These deals usually sell out pretty fast.

I purchased the misses a Mac Mini direct from them when her old one died.
Apple Refurbished and Clearance
I’d hesitate on the 2018 Air for video work, too weak, only 2 TB3 ports for everything including power. The 2020 version is much better, but MBP’s are built for heavy crunching. Looks like some good prices here!

I got my 2018 Mac Mini on Craigslist. It’s plenty fast w/up-gradable memory. The 4 Thunderbolt 3/USB-C ports sold me....it makes it almost infinitely expandable, but it can get pricey if you add an external GPU...

Last edited:
I got my 2018 Mac Mini on Craigslist. It’s plenty fast w/up-gradable memory. The 4 Thunderbolt 3/USB-C ports sold me

I was/am PC, she was Mac when we met. Was much easier for me to replace her Mini than teach her Windoze...
? ? Kept her old Mini with thoughts of turning it into a Linux box or something.

I did search CL for used stuff. There's a couple of shops that sell Mac stuff locally, but at the time had no Mini. Satisfied with Apple store purchase and she is happy. So....

• Haha
Reactions: HiloHawaiian
Wise man. A lot of aerospace and Pharma/biotech/medical use Macs, or both, so we grew-up with both. Where I worked, IT surprisingly found Macs needed much less tech support, more than paid the price difference. Had to justify needing Windoz. If the Mini isn’t too ancient, they make decent media center PC’s for all those YTS.mx movies ———— your neighbor gives you ;)

Reactions: Goober
I have always gone the refurb purchase route at the apple online store. I am a mac user at home since '94 and at the office we use PCs because that's the way it is. The best PC is dedicated to a small set of business tasks. The home versions are bundled with too much extra stuff for my taste. I like to keep it simple. For video editing both work fine if they are appropriately configured.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials