Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Question about the controller

Brlowe

Reaction score
2 questions
1 - On the back there is a micro USB connector, what is that for?
2 - Is there any way to charge the controller without using the supplied charger?

On the back there is a micro USB connector, what is that for?
The X-Star manual shows it's a "reserved port". It has no use other than something Autel might be doing with it internally.

Is there any way to charge the controller without using the supplied charger?
There are no third party chargers available if that's what you're referring to.

There are no third party chargers available if that's what you're referring to.

So nothing to plug into the back to charge the controller? Do we know the output to the controller? It is just a simple charge connection I would think any normal charger would work but I could be wrong.

So nothing to plug into the back to charge the controller?
No.

Do we know the output to the controller? It is just a simple charge connection I would think any normal charger would work but I could be wrong.
I don't see why another charger would not work if you can find a charger that matches the specs of the X-Star charger (whatever they are).

You can also use a charged battery to charge the controller if your on the go.
I was going to mention that. I think it's mentioned in one of the Autel videos, probably the one for the Remote

I don't see why another charger would not work if you can find a charger that matches the specs of the X-Star charger (whatever they are).

16.8 DC V at 5.7A. I suspect that other similar chargers would work, but I would be hesitant to use them due to warranty concerns. I just bought a 150W inverter for $16, in order to use the Autel charger in the car.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigmaxsg