Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Question about firmware packages

Stillers

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there's a line of code or a codec or something in the firmware that requires the drone to verify the Android version of the device linking with it? I have a device that is running Android 6 and have a clean copy of the app prior to before it requires 9.0 or better. The app works, the drone and remote connect fine. But the remote and the app will not link. Nothing works. Any suggestions?

Please, spare me the "Upgrade to 9 and you won't have that problem" comments. If that's what I wanted to do, it'd be done already. Just hoping to find a workaround on my current setup and don't want to abandon it.

Android 6 is now six years old.

Even Android 11 is eight months old now.

But that's probably not your issue as the Autel Explorer app only needs v5 or higher.

the remote and the app will not link. Nothing works. Any suggestions?

You've not said what you've tried ?‍♂️

Have you tried a different cable?

Duly noted.

But that's probably not your issue as the Autel Explorer app only needs v5 or higher.
False. Its required 9.0 since at least December.

You've not said what you've tried ?‍♂️

Have you tried a different cable?
Yes I did. I've tried everything. Different cable. Different class of cable. Different speed of cable. Different ports. OTG adapters. Even tried a USB LAN Dongle and a Bluetooth USB adapter. And I've tried powering on all 3 devices in every sequence imaginable and plugging in the devices at every concievable point in the process.

I've tried everything that I can think of. Which is why I'm here. Looking for the things I haven't thought of. Any suggestions?

Wait...

You're saying that Android v9 is required, yet you're running v6 and wondering why something isn't working?

I'm confused now.

Sorry, I can't help.

False?

You better tell these guys to update their stuff then :rolleyes:

View attachment 10439
It's obvious that you can't help. It's because the app manual even says 4.4.that in even taking time to be kind and reply. Yes, it is clearly posted that the app will run on 4.4. But, if you call and talk to someone at Autel, they will tell you that while that is technically true, if you want to run the app reliably, you need 9.0or better. Why they don't post that I don't know it's as big of a mystery to me as it is why the **** they patently refuse to authorize the app to be ran on a chromebook. It just blows my mind. Yet, here we are. So, as previously established, my X10D runs 6. Manufacturer will not for any reason allow an update. Autel won't give me a clean manufacturer previous copy of the app. Or a ChromeOS version. And my busted *** 6. Won't link with the app that says it takes 4 but secretly racially profiles any app not newer than 9. That's why I'm asking. I certainly hope that makes sense of things for you. But, since as you said, you can't help me, then please just take the free info with a grain of salt and don't waste time replying back.

How to win friends and influence people eh? :rolleyes:

I wish you luck in your future ventures.
Traditionally, no. But since II have no interest in achieving either of those with you, there's no consequence to communicating in a caustic manner. I probably wouldn't have except that being spoke to condescendingly for no reason is the most effective way to get me to not give a **** about your feelings.

Wow. You speak of condescending. ..
While, as you say you have no wish to be friendly, I take the approach that we are all here to learn from each other. We are all interested in the same things in relation to drones. I think it would be fair to assume at least some form of friendship. Why else would you come here and ask for advice from strangers??

and I would also think that the consequence of responding in a caustic manner would be that others may not wish to help out. Or perhaps in the future that person may have helpful info you could use but withhold from you. There is always consequences for bad behaviour within a small community

Wow. You speak of condescending. ..
While, as you say you have no wish to be friendly, I take the approach that we are all here to learn from each other. We are all interested in the same things in relation to drones. I think it would be fair to assume at least some form of friendship. Why else would you come here and ask for advice from strangers??

and I would also think that the consequence of responding in a caustic manner would be that others may not wish to help out. Or perhaps in the future that person may have helpful info you could use but withhold from you. There is always consequences for bad behaviour within a small community
I should clarify. I have no interest in being friendly **with him**. Read back over it. He was talking down to me from the first time he replied. Context can be pretty easy to get wrong in written form but Im fairly positive of the context he was implying. And admittedly, one my biggest faults in life is an inability to "be the bigger person". I give it as good as I get it.

Truly, that garbage is not what I came here for. Which just further annoys me that he took it there. But I digress, at the end of the day I just want to get my drone back in the air and figure out why in the hell my controller won't link with my device anymore. It is beyond baffling.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d