Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Probably a dumb charging question

Heresdave231

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I could use a little help. I bought a used Evo last night in like new condition, except the charge cord for the controller was lost. I have a male to male usb cable anyway, so I figured it was no big deal. However, I can’t get the controller to charge. No indication of it charging, and the current charge is 60% and falling. It links to the drone just fine and everything else works great. I read somewhere else on here about plugging the charger into the wrong port, but it didn’t say if that was the Evo or a different drone. It doesn’t appear that I can plug this in anywhere else. I have verified that the charger and the cable both work with a voltmeter, but it still won’t charge the controller. Is there anything special about the usb cable that came with the Evo, something possibly wrong with the controller, or is it just some kind of user error?
Thanks for any help you can give!
Dave

The charging port on the RC that matches the cable that comes with the battery charger is the MICRO USB port on the left side. Not the standard USB on the right.

You should be using a cable that is standard USB to Micro USB that plugs into the controller port on the left....the type that is a trapezoid shape plug.
Micro-USB_plug.jpg
The pin outs on a USB plug put the power contacts on the outside edges. Therefore the + and - must match on the controller. The cable that comes with the charger has the trapezoid plug end as above. You want the widest side of that plug facing UP when you plug it in. Try that. If it works, take a bit of White Out typing correction fluid and dab the top side of the plug so you will always know which way to connect the cable.

And welcome to the Forums. And the world of EVO!

Well that would be the problem then! Thank you so much!!!! I was just plugging in to the standard usb with a male to male from the charger. (It also didn’t come with the instructions) ?

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller