Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Potential New EVO II Pro 6K Owner

MrBurns666

Reaction score
Hi Guys
I'm looking to leave DJI products for good for the Autel EVO II Pro 6K after too many nightmare customer service issues with DJI.
The thing that i'm the "most afraid off" with the EVO II 6K is the range of the signal
I've already read a bunch a complaints about very short range problems.
I mean...i don't need the 9 km like advertised but i've read some peoples losing there signal after 1000ft...
That's pretty bad...
Can i ask you guys what is your "max" average distance ??
Thanks !!

Maybe you should say what kind of area are you most likely to fly in? Where I live in a country rural environment I can fly way beyond what most manufactures post as Max.

Reactions: HiloHawaiian
Hi Agustine and thanks for your suggestion !!
I live in Quebec,Canada
In the middle of nowhere...
My closest neighbour is located at about 1 km from my place and i'm surrounded by forest and field...
I've include a photo that i've took with my Inspire 2 / X5s to give a idea...
That photo was take at about 1 km from my place.
So basically,i live about 1 km in the opposite direction of where my Inspire 2 was pointing.

Attachments

• home.png
    home.png
    6 MB · Views: 17
Maybe you should say what kind of area are you most likely to fly in? Where I live in a country rural environment I can fly way beyond what most manufactures post as Max.
So if it's not too indiscrete,what kind of distance can you reach with your EVO II ??
Autel advertise a 9 km distance range...have ever reach that ?

From what i've read,the EVO 1 don't seem to "suffer" from the poor signal...
And i've hard time understanding why the EVO II would have that kind of problem since they basically share the same controller

I have heard mix reviews on the distance with the Evo II. Some have gotten over 3 miles with it, others can't get past 800m. I don't know if it's a signal restriction, a bug, bad radio, etc. I have never flown my Evo past 1,800', but I have a perfect signal at that distance.

I just received my Evo II Pro this week and after all the charging, firmware updates and settings, I love this unit. I am currently flying around 1/2 mile from takeoff spot with full signal strength. I have had no issues with distance. I do like the ability to change camera settings to what I want when I want. I too became tired of the dji drama. I have no regrets with this purchase.

Can i ask you guys what is your "max" average distance ??
Thanks !!

Can't tell you... well... i could... but i'd have to shoot you then ;-)

So much for the facts: The Evo only has 2.4 GHz radio. Which is good - and bad. 2.4 GHz gives you more range, but there is a lot of interference on this band, so you will struggle in densely populated areas. I still never got to the limits of the signal as long as i didn't pull immensely stupid stunts (flying over a cliff losing LOS etc). As long as you are in LOS (Which is for me about 450-500 meters) the connection is okay even in towns. Out in the open it reaches way farther. There are more than one youtubers who already reached the 9 km.

I have a theory. I read a lot about the evo in FB groups, here and occasionally watch a review. There are tons of people who bought evos and never had a drone before. Of course they don't know about limitations (What collision avoidance can do, what the radio can do etc.) - So they complain. I can assure you the radio of the Evo 2 is better than Ocusync - which is what the Mavic Pro has - and roughly on par with Ocusync 2 of the Mavic Pro 2 - but not in densely populated areas. 5.7 GHz is just better there.

Reactions: MrBurns666
Speaking of the Mavic 2 Pro, Dji has just released a new Firmware (2 pro & 2 zoom) v01.00.0670 which increases the range of the Ocusync 2 to more than 10 kms.

Thanks for the answers guys !!
It's encouraging...
I'm waiting for the dealer answer about that range question and a possible return if
the range is ridiculously low...

I live in a city area- and I've never felt like the range was a problem. If you have line of sight. I've flown up to 3 miles away in the city (with line of sight)

Reactions: MrBurns666
We do a lot of flying in metro areas around Southern California and for the most part, range/transmission is no issue. As with most RC comms, we had had certain areas where range has been very poor but those have been isolated to certain heavy RF interference environments (top of a police station) where you'd expect it.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hakles