Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Picking up my evo today!

Primo-215

Reaction score
I’ve been doing plenty of research lately on the Autel evo and decided to give it a try. Also have been looking to buy it used but decided if this will be my go to drone I wanted it to be new and under warranty. Seen a comment on a YouTube video I watched and the person posted how bestbuy has it with a few free gifts like an evo in the go bundle, $100 bestbuy e-gift card, and $25 Shutterfly for $999 I think it’s an upgrade from the Mavic pro. Going on a trip in August so the evo should come in handy. Anyone on here have any tips on the evo?

Last edited:
No, but from what I've read, you should be very happy with it. Welcome to the forum.

Reactions: Primo-215
Get some filters, watch your batteries, familiarize yourself with the controller and the functions before you fly... Set your Speeds a little higher in windy areas before you take off so you aren't trying to do it in the middle of a flight...be safe and have fun!

I would take attention to the antenna pins on your controller they are brittle and can fall out. It has happened to many of us. Happy flying!

I just got mine back yesterday from cracked hinges at the pins. Took 3 weeks to get it back from the day I sent it... Glad it was cold and crappy outside so no one else could fly either.

Reactions: Madhungarian
I just got mine back yesterday from cracked hinges at the pins. Took 3 weeks to get it back from the day I sent it... Glad it was cold and crappy outside so no one else could fly either.
They look the same right? I cannot tell any difference, I just been really careful with them.

Reactions: UnRanged
I would take attention to the antenna pins on your controller they are brittle and can fall out. It has happened to many of us. Happy flying!

It’s funny you mentioned the antennas because I just seen a YouTube video yesterday where the guy mentions how crappy the evo antennas are and to pay attention to the pins. Thanks for the heads up

They look the same right? I cannot tell any difference, I just been really careful with them.

Yep. Same cheap brittle ABS. Someone told me that it's for signal promulgblahblahblah something... But my router has really good antennas... And it uses the same freqs... Million dollar idea giveaway of the day Autel...
Make your antennas out of the same material they used to make Unbreakable combs out of. Problem solved.

Took my evo for its first flight today after purchasing and overall I’m impressed but just like you guys said yep these antennas are cheap as hell, as cheap as the fake antennas on my bugs 3 drone lol

Reactions: Madhungarian
Took my evo for its first flight today after purchasing and overall I’m impressed but just like you guys said yep these antennas are cheap as hell, as cheap as the fake antennas on my bugs 3 drone lol
I was thinking about coating mine with an epoxy... But the stupid warranty... Worst thing about the EVO. STILL LOVE IT THO!

Just my 5th flight on my evo and today i noticed this . What should i do ? I bought it on march 3 from bestbuy.

Attachments

• crack.jpg
    crack.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 25
Just my 5th flight on my evo and today i noticed this . What should i do ? I bought it on march 3 from bestbuy.
Contact Autel. They'll get it fixed for you, but if I were you I would wait for a while to see if any other problems arise before sending it in because you'll be out a drone for 2-3 weeks.

Reactions: UnRanged
Join the club! For how portable the controller is, it sure has its drawbacks, not only the antennas but those damn buttons on the back. I am also thinking of upgrading the antennas so that the antennas can be screwed on. The only problem with upgrading the antennas to anything else would take away the portability factor somewhat.

Contact Autel. They'll get it fixed for you, but if I were you I would wait for a while to see if any other problems arise before sending it in because you'll be out a drone for 2-3 weeks.

They really should send out a loaner to use for the interim.

Hey guys I am new to the EVO. I have a question regarding the Ant. I bought mine used it looks like my controller has a toothpick in the hinge pin for the ant. Is there a fix for this other than calling Autel? I really don't want to send it in and pay for a fix. Even if they do it free I don't want it gone for 3 weeks. I just don't want a problem in flight and a toothpick broken off in the ant does not seem like a long term solution. Thanks

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adunsky