Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Photogrammetry

alecjcobbs

Reaction score
Is anyone using their EVO 2 for photogrammetry? If so, what are the use cases on who do you sell the service to? Also what program are you using?

Is anyone using their EVO 2 for photogrammetry? If so, what are the use cases on who do you sell the service to? Also what program are you using?
Yes. I have performed drone survey mapping work for mining, building solar installations, historical sites, oil and gas infrastructure, environmental, suburban flood mitigation, and shipping terminals. Lots of opportunities.

Yes. I have performed drone survey mapping work for mining, building solar installations, historical sites, oil and gas infrastructure, environmental, suburban flood mitigation, and shipping terminals. Lots of opportunities.
I would like to do this also. Can you show a sample of your work so we can know what a "professional" photogrammetry mission would look like to the client? Also, what software for post-processing do you use?
Thanks.

I would like to do this also. Can you show a sample of your work so we can know what a "professional" photogrammetry mission would look like to the client? Also, what software for post-processing do you use?
Thanks.
Check my website for examples on www.raptoraerialservices.com

I use SimActive Correlator3D for post processing.

Last edited:
Reactions: EBERLS
I use Reality Capture. Great program and the pricing per use is excellent. I don’t understand why people still use Pix4D. I’d consider Metashape as well but that is very expensive
I create animations of car accidents for trial exhibits.

I use Reality Capture. Great program and the pricing per use is excellent. I don’t understand why people still use Pix4D. I’d consider Metashape as well but that is very expensive
I create animations of car accidents for trial exhibits.
Animations of Car Accidents? how does that work

There are folks who purchase a UAV and then try to monetize it, there are people who are already mapping and purchase a UAV as a new tool for the existing business, I am in the 2nd category. Much easier if you already have a customer base and know the business. Having a UAV and capturing imagery is mostly the easy part, the real knowledge is needed for creating accurate mapping products and the real meat of the process. It isn't that folks can't learn, but just much harder to stand up a business and deliver reliable projects at a profit without a lot of effort expended.

Depending on laws in your jurisdiction, you may not be able to offer mapping services (legally) that depict the shape and size of the earth or features, read your surveying laws to determine if you can even legally offer mapping services. Many disagree with the laws and that is fine, but if/until they are changed just know what you are jumping into.

SHG

Reactions: jaja6009 and EBERLS

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marwan