Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Photo stitching

Spappy

Reaction score
What software are you guys using to stitch your photos?
I'm looking for more than just simple panos (I let Google do that for me), something that will stitch together a zigzag series of shots of property.
TIA

I use Agisoft Metashape, but since the Evo does not include altitude data on their photo's metadata I haven't been succesful with it.

I use Agisoft PhotoScan Professional (64 bit). I have used it with my older Quads and it does a pretty good job at stitching the photos together. They used to have a freeware version, not sure if they still do. This was a 3D scan of the water falls up the road from me a few winters ago. I was flying my Yuneec Q500 back then.

I use Agisoft PhotoScan Professional (64 bit). I have used it with my older Quads and it does a pretty good job at stitching the photos together. They used to have a freeware version, not sure if they still do. This was a 3D scan of the water falls up the road from me a few winters ago. I was flying my Yuneec Q500 back then.

You are in the old version. They rebranded the app to Metashape. Still the exact same program though.

I found a program in the Microsoft store that seems to be working for now.
Thanks for your input!

How do you find it for speed on the computer you are using it on? I find my old computer if I want the best detail I might as well let it run over night as it is very taxing on the computers resources. Kind of like watching paint dry slowwwwwww LOL

• Haha
Reactions: Ansia
Well, my computer specs are:

Intel i7 4860HQ
32Gb DDR3 Ram
2 GTX 860m in SLI mode.

When I do a full 3D rendering taken with Pix4D (at a 70° angle for more detail) at full definition, I can spend 5-6 days non-stop of processing.

It's extremely slow, so if I'm in a deadline, I use Maps Made Easy and pay per project.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials