Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Perkiomen Trail Eastern Pennsylvania

Very nice, but how did you get to include Sade without YouTubeImage1.jpg making a fuss?

Very nice, but how did you get to include Sade without YouTubeView attachment 10692 making a fuss?

Undoubtedly this resulted in a copyright claim to the user's YouTube account which notifies the company in charge of protecting the artist's copyrights, but it does not turn into a strike unless the copyright owner chooses to proceed with the claim. Three actual copyright strikes and a user's account gets deleted from YouTube; but accounts are allowed to have unlimited copyright claims.

When a copyright claim is filed and not disputed, the copyright owner pretty much then owns the footage as long as it is on the user's YouTube channel and combined with the copyrighted audio. What this means is the copyright owner can either choose to do nothing, monetize the footage by forcing ads that the original content creator cannot remove, request that the content be taken down (copyright strike) or sue the content producer for using their copyrighted audio without a license. They can also choose to sue the content creator even after filing the strike to get it taken down.

In most cases the copyright owner just leaves the claim as is and never proceeds to the next step; but if the copyright owner decides that the violator has money or if the owner simply decides to be vindictive; then the violator can be facing some pretty hefty legal fees and monetary awards to the copyright owner. Personally to avoid all of this risk I simply license all audio that I am going to use in my work. YouTube Studio also has a pretty large library of audio tracks that they allow users to use for free in their projects. The audio tracks aren't great but at least they are not fraught with legal perils.

Due to the sheer amount of content being generated nearly hourly by content creators it is not economically worthwhile for copyright owners to prosecute every violator so the majority get away with it. But, at any point in the future and for as long as that content lives online; a copyright owner can choose to proceed with their claim and thanks to fully automated detection tools it is getting easier and easier to locate copyright violations. All told, its simply not worth it in my book.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MountainDroneTN