Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

parachute evo2

jmt57

Reaction score

Mighty spendy and more importantly; it still doesn't make the drone qualify to fly over people. It has to be approved by the FAA first plus the prop guards.

It's good to see this kind of innovation though. I'm sure the price will come down as production and competition ramps up.

I would need to see several videos of how the setup reacts in real world conditions. How many times does it save the aircraft vs how many times it fails... and what ways?

Engages at too low an altitude for the chutes to deploy and actually slow the descent? Engages, but since the drone has lost power and may be tumbling, the deployment results in the chute entanging the some part of the mechanism? Many possible failure scenarios. 🤔

I would like to see videos of it being deployed. But the biggest problem I have with it it's a complexity of its mounting system. It would appear if any one of those would fail during a flight you'll have a wrecked drone.

One of the problems we had with the Parachute on the Mavic was the amount of Drift that takes place after deployment . Drift can take your drone place you dont want to go .

If you do use one , stay closer to the ground to limit the drift.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your EVO 2 in the Rain.

Of course, if trouble occurs, time will likely not allow you to drop to a "minimum drift" height... as well as the variable of the wind strength at the time of failure. As mentioned above, insufficient height when deployed, will not slow the descent before reaching the ground. Falling from the sky does not cause damage... rapid deceleration does.

Reactions: Andrew01
I would need to see several videos of how the setup reacts in real world conditions. How many times does it save the aircraft vs how many times it fails... and what ways?

Engages at too low an altitude for the chutes to deploy and actually slow the descent? Engages, but since the drone has lost power and may be tumbling, the deployment results in the chute entanging the some part of the mechanism? Many possible failure scenarios. ?
Rather have it and possibly fail, that to have nothing and 100% fail, I'd say.

Mighty spendy and more importantly; it still doesn't make the drone qualify to fly over people. It has to be approved by the FAA first plus the prop guards.

It's good to see this kind of innovation though. I'm sure the price will come down as production and competition ramps up.
Just buy it! FAA can wait.

I would like to see videos of it being deployed. But the biggest problem I have with it it's a complexity of its mounting system. It would appear if any one of those would fail during a flight you'll have a wrecked drone.
Yes, but at least it will float down nicely. LOL

One of the problems we had with the Parachute on the Mavic was the amount of Drift that takes place after deployment . Drift can take your drone place you dont want to go .

If you do use one , stay closer to the ground to limit the drift.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your EVO 2 in the Rain.
or you can just not take off... ever...

there are other videos posted on yt as well.

At 6:00 the author of the video says that it is his own fault and lifted the drone to a height of 25 meters, and the parachute works from 50 meters. There are many videos on youtube where the manti 3 works perfectly.

Reactions: kenautelevo2pro
At 6:00 the author of the video says that it is his own fault and lifted the drone to a height of 25 meters, and the parachute works from 50 meters. There are many videos on youtube where the manti 3 works perfectly.
i think so and i actually think this particular system might be pretty good especially the price.

Attachments

• IMG20221021224329.jpg
    IMG20221021224329.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG20221021224335.jpg
    IMG20221021224335.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG20221021224357.jpg
    IMG20221021224357.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 3

Latest threads

Members online