Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Original Explorer App v1.0.1.45 Maps not downloading

crashnomore

Reaction score
I've been reluctant to change to the latest explorer app for my EVO I, but the old app will not download maps anymore.

Anyone have this problem or a fix?

I am currently on version 1.0.1.45 with the Evo 1, and I have no problem with maps. Normal, Google Hybrid and Google Sat. work.
Maybe an Api issue or restrictions on your smartphone.

Hmmm... I've tried 2 different phones. A Galaxy S9+, which was working just fine up until a couple months ago. Then, I tried a Motorola Moto X. That one wouldn't load maps either.

I installed the latest Explorer version (the one for EVO I & II) to test, and maps load successfully on both phones. I really want to stick with the old app though.

For some strange reason maps just won't load on either phone with the old Explorer app.

If you delete your cache, will new maps load?

Thanks for any help.

My 1.0.1.45 used to load cached google map reliably. Then I made the mistake of upgrading to the current "hybrid" app whatever it is. Didn't like it and when I reverted back to .45 I cannot get cached google maps anymore. Everything else works normally but cached maps aren't coming back no matter what I do. I really want maps so I upgraded back up to the newer app, even though I really prefer .45.

Yup, same exact thing happened to me. Much preferred the old .45 app, but in order to have the maps work I had to move to the EVO I / II app. It's been giving me problems every once in a while but guess I'm stuck with it :-(

Yup, same exact thing happened to me. Much preferred the old .45 app, but in order to have the maps work I had to move to the EVO I / II app. It's been giving me problems every once in a while but guess I'm stuck with it :-(
so this is what is happening to me. i no longer have full functionality of google maps for mission planniong. just a blank grid which does not suffice for mission planning. I have done nothing myself. No updates whatsoever. Still have .45 app. Do i have to update the app to get maps back? If so do i have to then update firmware as well? And i read something bout after updating the altitude limit is lowered. Is that true?

You can forget the .45 application of the Evo 1. There will be no more updates to the Evo 1. As it left the Autel catalog, its career ended and no more drums will have been manufactured, it has become a device relegated to the status of book press and take great care of it (especially for the batteries to keep them as long as possible).
I continue to use the Explorer version 1.1.3.0 (Evo 1/2) and I retested the cards and I stay on this version which works very well with Evo1.

I have determined that maps will NOT show in the .45 version. As claudius62 noted above, 1.1.3.0 works fine with Evo 1. I tested .45 on three brands of phones and it wouldn't work with any of them.
I think Google changed their API and Autel of course didn't go back and update .45 to allow Google to send their map data to it. But the newer Autel Explorer versions are using the newer Google API.
Wasted hours of my time to track this down, but thanks Claudius.

I have determined that maps will NOT show in the .45 version. As claudius62 noted above, 1.1.3.0 works fine with Evo 1. I tested .45 on three brands of phones and it wouldn't work with any of them.
I think Google changed their API and Autel of course didn't go back and update .45 to allow Google to send their map data to it. But the newer Autel Explorer versions are using the newer Google API.
Wasted hours of my time to track this down, but thanks Claudius.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58