Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

On-board GPS module location

okestone

Reaction score
Can anyone advise me where the GPS module is located in/on an EVO ll Pro? I want to mount a RID module and would like to not put it smack dab on top of the GPS. Thanks.

Here is an illustration I made. There is literally no really good place for any external anything. Directly over the GPS or IMU would be bad. Blocking the vents would be bad. Blocking the vision/ultrasonic sensors would compromise those safeties but may be ok depending on your use case.

The front directly over the gimbal bay is the least undesirable flat piece of real estate. It's still very close to the GPS, but likely will be fine for most flying in most places. YMMV. The sides would also be ok as long as you don't block the vents. Remember a RID module doesn't need to be level or upright.

I put my firehouse strobe on one of the arms with zip ties for these reasons.

PXL_20230905_222112647~3.jpg

Here is an illustration I made. There is literally no really good place for any external anything. Directly over the GPS or IMU would be bad. Blocking the vents would be bad. Blocking the vision/ultrasonic sensors would compromise those safeties but may be ok depending on your use case.

The front directly over the gimbal bay is the least undesirable flat piece of real estate. It's still very close to the GPS, but likely will be fine for most flying in most places. YMMV. The sides would also be ok as long as you don't block the vents. Remember a RID module doesn't need to be level or upright.

I put my firehouse strobe on one of the arms with zip ties for these reasons.

View attachment 16461
Thanks.

The post you are referring to didn't show in the possible topics when I was titling my post which is basically a search function...

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo