Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Off line restricted flight areas map

Luinil

Reaction score
Website
www.luinil.com
Am headed to southern Utah where cellular connection is spotty at the best of times. We will be crossing back and forth across the Canyon Lands National Park boundary. Do any of you you know of an off line Geo referenced version of the restricted flight area maps that are shown in B4UFly and AirMap. I would like to downloaded them for import them into either Gaia or PDF Maps so that I can verify it is safe to fly.

FWIW;
I pull up a map then "screen shoot" to capture it in my computer. Once there I convert to Jpeg for easy zoom/pan/scroll

I thought about that and will use it as a last resort. Would prefer one that has the geographical location data baked into it so that I can see my position on the map in relation to the no fly boundary’s.

It's a huge file (150 MB).

A thought: consider researchng Jeep trails in the area. Motorized vehilces aren't allowed in Wilderness Areas--either are drones--so if a 4WD can be driven on public lands (BLM, NFS), its likely ok to fly your drone, provided you're outside of National Park boundaries.

Reactions: UasDriver
Am headed to southern Utah where cellular connection is spotty at the best of times. We will be crossing back and forth across the Canyon Lands National Park boundary. Do any of you you know of an off line Geo referenced version of the restricted flight area maps that are shown in B4UFly and AirMap. I would like to downloaded them for import them into either Gaia or PDF Maps so that I can verify it is safe to fly.
There is this, among other resources. Print section relevant for your plan...

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials