Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

No more Autel

Hi herein, I am an equal opportunity drone pilot. lol I have the DJI Mavic 3 which is my best video and photo drone, that zoom feature is amazing. However, DJI has been annoying customers lately with their substandard drone releases. Maybe trying to catch up to Autel's poor new release and support performance? lol

Regards,
Richard

I am as well, but DJI's geofencing was the last straw for me. It sounds like DJI went full circle then...their early drones were pretty bad, the term "fly-away" literally got added to the Webster dictionary thanks to DJI, their later drones were fantastic except for the invasion of privacy and geofencing, now it sounds like they are back to mediocre; I'd be fine even with a mediocre DJI drone if they removed the geofencing.

I agree with you, I think the concern is a little overblown. If you have a V1 then your only real concern is if the stock RC dies it could be difficult to get a replacement. IMO no one NEEDS the SC, its an expensive nice to have for people who are into that sort of thing but its definitely not a necessity.

My plan is to stick with what I have until something better comes along.
For those of us that may be visually impaired, the SC permits me to fly during the daylight hours and not only at dusk or evening when using a the app on a phone.

Reactions: herein2021
For those of us that may be visually impaired, the SC permits me to fly during the daylight hours and not only at dusk or evening when using a the app on a phone.

That makes sense, I did not think about that possibility. The SC is definitely brighter than most if not all tablets, in fact I was surprised to see that the SC at 2000nits is almost twice as bright as even the Tripletek at 1200nits. My iPad mini is pretty hard to see in daylight, it is only 500nits and probably less than that with the anti-glare covering on it.

Hi guys, I appreciate your replies. I think this V1 V2 issue would have been a non issue if they offered the V2 as the EVO lll Pro that has enhanced communication, an improved EVO ll V1 drone. IMO Autel need to sell the V2 like the people that sell soap.This chip shortage issue has been overdone IMO. My wife asked me when I will finish installing the baseboard moldings in our house. I asked her if she was aware of the world wide chip shortage. She wasn't amused. lol

I have had excellent customer service from both Autel and DJI. Sometimes Autel expresses ignorance of certain internal app issue. An example is switching from Auto Focus to Manual Focus and then back and forth. The Manual Focus bar will eventually stop showing. This occurs for both IOS and Android devices. Other's have reported this issue, but Autel maintains a blind eye and doesn't acknowledge the issue. I do like the Autel app beta program that gives a heads up to what is coming.

Where is Autel's mini drone? Hubson, Fimi, and DJI all have new mini entries. Autel would take the oxygen out of the room if they introduced their new mini now. Waiting too long and Autel is just another mini wannabe.

I do love flying my Autel EVO ll Pro 6k drone, but the love is fading.

Regards,
Richard
My wife asked me when I will finish installing the baseboard moldings in our house. I asked her if she was aware of the world wide chip shortage. She wasn't amused. lol..hahahahahaha thanks man,,old reply but,I needed that one..

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy