Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Nice To See Constant Increase In New Members

Trox

Reaction score
I've only been an EVO owner for less than a month but have followed Autel since they announced they were in the drone business. It was a rough start as many XSP owners know. But the EVO is coming of age now and is becoming a genuine competitor. Most importantly the company is working on new features, activating some 'hidden' ones, and addressing bug fixes at an impressive pace this year. All that goes towards being a company that meets the needs of their customers as well as gets the attention of perspective new owners.

Every time I hit the refresh button on the Forum home page I see another new name or two added to the Forums here. Its great to see the membership numbers heading in the right direction. Spread the word.

Lol you've been here 8 days but I do agree.
The biggest thing i've noticed is the age difference of the people coming in with Evo's compared to what it was with the XSP's. Much younger crowd.

Lol you've been here 8 days but I do agree.
The biggest thing i've noticed is the age difference of the people coming in with Evo's compared to what it was with the XSP's. Much younger crowd.
I know what you mean old timer. The demographic for drone pilots is between 50-70 years old. That being said, the world is moving fast and the advantages of drones is clearly showing, so us young folk are starting to catch and reinvent ourselves with drones.

We Millenials will soon take over the world! Muahahahahaha

• Haha
Reactions: Tufargon
I just made it to the old timers list according to your demographic just over a month ago so I guess I'm a youngster in that category. I would think that all or most drone racers are quite young so I wouldn't be too sure about that demographic estimate :p

I just made it to the old timers list according to your demographic just over a month ago so I guess I'm a youngster in that category. I would think that all or most drone racers are quite young so I wouldn't be too sure about that demographic estimate :p
I'm talking in the consumer drone category, which the Evo and XSP are. Those FPV maniacs are another thing. ?

Ohh and happy birthday.

Not everyone here is a young spring chicken! I done and got myself a geezer card,,:oops:
On the other hand, my super model wife says I am stuck in the same bracket as her 5th grade boys at school. :rolleyes:
butch

• Haha
Reactions: Tufargon and Ansia
I guess I am an outcast. Or perhaps an anomaly. Ansia didn't extend the demographic far enough to include me! I may be the oldest nerd on this board, having started my relationship with computers and programming in a college engineering class back in 1969. FYI that was before Pampers was a mainstay for new parents and before they invented personal computers, wireless home phones, OR get this, a pocket calculator. Was all slide rules in those days. Try taking classes in Calculus and Statistics & Probability using only a slide rule. Yet they put men on the moon that next year using a slide rule. I've got computer books that should be in the Smithsonian! :D

I am very impressed to see how many enthusiasts are in the upper age brackets, at least for this particular drone. It could be an indication of "the older you are the more solid research you've performed before buying a drone." I suspect the average age drops quite a bit in the alternate brand universe where there are many flocks of sheep and impulse buyers. I kinda like a family atmosphere where many folks have been around the block at least twice and don't mind taking the time to share with OR learn from younger participants too.

Very interesting. There are a couple people here in their 80's and i'm impressed with that.. Hope I'm still out there having fun with my drone then... Probably be big changes by then.
The first man walked on the moon the day after I was born. July 20th 1969 :p . I think it was a celebration of my birth!!

I know what you mean old timer. The demographic for drone pilots is between 50-70 years old. That being said, the world is moving fast and the advantages of drones is clearly showing, so us young folk are starting to catch and reinvent ourselves with drones.

We Millenials will soon take over the world! Muahahahahaha
Don't count us old Farts out YET!

Don't worry, they are too busy playing video games or with their I-phone anyway.
I am a gamer. I admit it! The wife only allows me 1 hour per day, but I love playing. I am Ansia in PSN, Xbox Live, & Nintendo.

The "millenial" game undustry is worth $180bn dollars, so I believe it's here to stay. We can't spend our entire lives out in the woods. That is dangerous. There are critters out there that will eat you alive. ?

I am a gamer. I admit it! The wife only allows me 1 hour per day, but I love playing. I am Ansia in PSN, Xbox Live, & Nintendo.

The "millenial" game undustry is worth $180bn dollars, so I believe it's here to stay. We can't spend our entire lives out in the woods. That is dangerous. There are critters out there that will eat you alive. ?
WOW...Who said anything about the woods??? I suppose you find sometime to fly a drone or you wouldn't follow this group? BTW, most of my neighbors eat the critters. I prefer to shoot with a camera.

• Haha
Reactions: Ansia
WOW...Who said anything about the woods??? I suppose you find sometime to fly a drone or you wouldn't follow this group? BTW, most of my neighbors eat the critters. I prefer to shoot with a camera.
I actually starter flying drones for work. I never knew how much I would enjoy doing it. Now, all I do is either fly drones or talk about flying drones. That is the reason I have 2,200 posts on this forum alone, since January of this year...yeah....?

I actually starter flying drones for work. I never knew how much I would enjoy doing it. Now, all I do is either fly drones or talk about flying drones. That is the reason I have 2,200 posts on this forum alone, since January of this year...yeah....?
Well, I though I was hooked. I have ended up with four drones so far. I am trying to master flying and video at the same time. What kind of work do you do that uses a drone?

Reactions: Ansia
Actually this forum is considered one of the slowest for members. Our rate of membership is nothing compared to the others. When the EVO came out the Parrot Anafi came out at the same time. We started up the Parrotpilots forum just around July 2018. It has passed this forums membership by 846 members in 13 months.
Autel has a long ways to go to get people back from when they screwed every XSP owner over.

Reactions: G_G and Tufargon

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MFJ