Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

New X-Star owner from Texas

gklugie

Reaction score
Just got a X-star WiFi. Second-hand, but still new in box.
Nice bird. I upgraded firmware to ver 2, and tried a few test flights.
I like the starlink app. Simple and clean. This bird does not quite have great range, but it has a great camera, and videos are about equal to those of my DJI Phantom 3 Advanced.

I think these birds are still relevant as far as camera quality. From the forum, it seems fellows are flee

The XSP is still a really solid product, I love mine. Durable, reliable (if you’re anal about battery management & maintenance!), decent flight times, with a camera that’s ALMOST as good as Evo’s as far as I can tell from the many videos I’ve studied. I think the biggest weaknesses are range and low-light situations, a common issue with small sensors. Sadly, Evo’s is not much better at either — most reviewers I’ve seen say not to go past iso 400, or .8miles in real-world situations. Ditto XSP. You need a bigger 1” sensor to improve low light performance.

There has been some very good stuff "filmed" with the XPS. I love mine & have yet to feel it necessary to "upgrade". The only times I get to wishin' is when I'm lugging it through airports.

Reactions: HiloHawaiian

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy