Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

New V3 Firmware

The latest Autel upgrade last week upgraded the 4T to accommodate the 4N camera. Remember they are advertising that the cameras are interchangeable but they're not with out the new firmware upgrade and then the Starligjt camera if you have another $7k

Today I have upgraded 6.4" smart controller firmware, and the app firmware both to the latest versions, also downloaded the V3 aircraft software with the new Slope mission into controller, when I try to send to the aircraft ( small dialog box says will take approx 1m 40 seconds. Do not turn off aircraft.), it attempts to do so but after about a minute the progress bar hasn't moved and a new dialogue box says "failed to send software, please reboot aircraft and try again" which I have done many times this morning but still it will not transfer. Any ideas ?

Reactions: TomReb3l
Today I have upgraded 6.4" smart controller firmware, and the app firmware both to the latest versions, also downloaded the V3 aircraft software with the new Slope mission into controller, when I try to send to the aircraft ( small dialog box says will take approx 1m 40 seconds. Do not turn off aircraft.), it attempts to do so but after about a minute the progress bar hasn't moved and a new dialogue box says "failed to send software, please reboot aircraft and try again" which I have done many times this morning but still it will not transfer. Any ideas ?
Make sure the remote is fully updated first, update the app then android system then download the new firmware onto an sd card and update drone via sd card

Make sure the remote is fully updated first, update the app then android system then download the new firmware onto an sd card and update drone via sd card
Thanks, I appreciate your reply, it worked using the SD card method. I don't really know why they make the download available using the controller when it won't transfer?
Anyway it's done now and I checked all firmware versions for all components and they all matched the latest list on Autel site, except for the camera ,the latest version according to Autel is V5.0.5.16 , my camera version says V5.0.5.9 . I don't know why this is different.🤷‍♂️

"Added a slope mission" - is this a terrain following mission or what's this for?

Thanks, I appreciate your reply, it worked using the SD card method. I don't really know why they make the download available using the controller when it won't transfer?
Anyway it's done now and I checked all firmware versions for all components and they all matched the latest list on Autel site, except for the camera ,the latest version according to Autel is V5.0.5.16 , my camera version says V5.0.5.9 . I don't know why this is different.🤷‍♂️
You can always redo the update via SD Card to see if it brings the camera version inline with advertised versions.

Hi, I uploaded new firmware today, long story short, here's what I wrote to Autel:
"
Hi,
I'm flying with evo 2 pro 6k v3, having smart controler SE.
Hour ago I uploaded new firmware, it's v3.1.49 for app, v1.3.9.5 for android and with that - I got a new problem.
When moving gimbal with wheel but I also checked when moving on screen in the app, gimbal won't stop moving even after I release the weel. So, filming is literally impossible until you can't control the camera.
I tried to restart sc &drone, recalibrate gimbal, nothing helps. Moving of gimbal is slow, but constant and without ANY possibility to fix it in desired possition.
Please, react ASAP."

So... new set of nerve braker stuff

Hi, I uploaded new firmware today, long story short, here's what I wrote to Autel:
"
Hi,
I'm flying with evo 2 pro 6k v3, having smart controler SE.
Hour ago I uploaded new firmware, it's v3.1.49 for app, v1.3.9.5 for android and with that - I got a new problem.
When moving gimbal with wheel but I also checked when moving on screen in the app, gimbal won't stop moving even after I release the weel. So, filming is literally impossible until you can't control the camera.
I tried to restart sc &drone, recalibrate gimbal, nothing helps. Moving of gimbal is slow, but constant and without ANY possibility to fix it in desired possition.
Please, react ASAP."

So... new set of nerve braker stuff
Have you tried updating the drone FW via SD Card? I always do it that way and for Autel seems to be the safer method.

Reactions: EBERLS
"Added a slope mission" - is this a terrain following mission or what's this for?
it's a substitute for terrain follow. You don't use an elevation surface though. You use the drone to set a two points along the bottom or top of your mission and then fly the drone to the other end to establish your slope. Then you buffer out the polygon from that third point to create a square mission. The Pros to this setup is that you know your mission will clear trees and will always have a good VLOS. The Cons are that you have to use a battery to build the mission, can't plan the mission from the office, and you may have inconsistent HAE values since you are just guessing about your slope height when you set that third point. But it's better then not having any way to fly slopes, so I'm happy. Really needed this mission type for my work.

Reactions: DanielD
Have you tried updating the drone FW via SD Card? I always do it that way and for Autel seems to be the safer method.
Hi, yes I did, but something weird happened; I couldn’t connect drone with rc. …
Later, I tried again with wifi and after another calibration it seems that problem disappeared.
Personally, I’m just waiting 10bit log vid so I can easily say it’s a beast compared to any drone of similar price

Reactions: surenmunoo
We just purchased two Autel EVO II V3 Pro RTK drones. Firmware update issues - Smart Controller not connecting to the aircraft -lots of issues, almost tossed it in the trash. Called Autel Support and left a message. Ray called back the next day and advised that it was an Android System issue. I had updated two of the batteries via SD card - no issues with them. Ray sent me the file to roll back the Android System, which I did via USB. Then I was able to do the OTA update on the final battery. Following that, I updated the Android System on the Smart Controller. Very frustrating, but very happy with Ray's patience and willingness to help.

Reactions: edgardcafe
I had no problem updating my Controller and aircraft using wi-fi. I did the controller first. Then I had to re-start the controller & aircraft - actually had to start (boot) the aircraft twice. The first time it didn't connect. Once the aircraft connected to the controller again, I was able to update the aircraft literally in just a few seconds.

Stupid question. I downloaded the zip file from autel site. I extract the .bin files and paste them in root of sd card or whole zip as it is?

Reactions: Autelpilotsnumpty
I think this has been answered, you need to switch to log profile in photo mode and video should then follow in log profile mode.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xander0791