Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

New to Autel, hope I didn't make a mistake!

michellecahal

Reaction score
Hi, for work I've been using a DJI and was asked to purchase another brand of drone. I went with the EVO II Dual 640T Enterprise Bundle, but purchased the V2 instead of V3. Could someone who has used both tell me the main differences? I read that support will be dropped in 2024, but if that's the worst part, I can probably replace by then. Thank you!

can't speak to the specific drone you purchased but if you were told to choose a non-dji brand, i don't believe you can be blamed for buying an autel.

I use that exact drone. There is limited direct support from software and flight solutions for either v2 avd v3, but it is an amazing drone. For flights built by my customers I import a KML to Autel Explorer (which is awesome) and I capture the data, then upload, for example, to DroneDeploy or Pix4D for those type of jobs. The data works great with Flir Thermal Studio.

I have several Autel and DJI drones and while there have been minor issues with both brands, support from Autel has always come through. DJI support has also been good. Some people whine about Autel support, but I suspect they start the support request with a bad attitude and then wonder why they don't receive instant response.

Reactions: Midnight Express 77
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

I have several Autel and DJI drones and while there have been minor issues with both brands, support from Autel has always come through. DJI support has also been good. Some people whine about Autel support, but I suspect they start the support request with a bad attitude and then wonder why they don't receive instant response.
Never had issues with Autel support either. The US support us still answered by someone in China so you will usually see replies later at night to early in the mornings.. They then give the US location directions as to what they are doing as for repair or replacement. Sometimes if you don't word things clearly, they will miss the point and give you a crummy answer. Don't get upset, just ask it again in a different way thats more simple and you will get your answer.... Basically like he said, If you go guns blazing anywhere, you will get put into cold storage.. Be nice and civil and they will be happy to answer any questions and work with you.

Reactions: ethelsnakes
Hope you dont need a carbon arm replaced. They will not ship them to dealers. And wait till you get the bill. A carbon arm is not a 250 dollar repair as on the rugged model. And if you insure your drone and controller with UPS for shipping that is 150 plus right off the bat since your dealer cant repair your carbon arm.

I use that exact drone. There is limited direct support from software and flight solutions for either v2 avd v3, but it is an amazing drone. For flights built by my customers I import a KML to Autel Explorer (which is awesome) and I capture the data, then upload, for example, to DroneDeploy or Pix4D for those type of jobs. The data works great with Flir Thermal Studio.
Hi YoshiBlue. Can you expla8. What you mean by KLM? I thought the V2 only worked with the IRC Pro Thermal Report Tool? Are you saying that you convert the thermals into something that can be transferred to Flir Thermal Studios? I would love to be able to do that. Please let me know if I am misunderstanding ?

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmanvm