Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

New starlink beta app

Arbaxter

Reaction score
Anyone got to use this yet. Waiting on new remote to arrive. Haven't got to use it yet.

Yes I been using it and love it. Nice to use the offline waypoints option. Works great.
One option I would like to see added is being able to upload the waypoint missions to the cloud server to be used on a tablet or phone of the same operating system.

Last edited:
Reactions: brian bwin
Yes I been using it and love it. Nice to use the offline waypoints option. Works great.
When I turn app on without the drone the orbit and follow are unavailable. Will find out tomorrow if new controller shows up.

Orbit and follow me are not suppose to show up, they are not part of the update.

The main features added in this version are:
1. Offline Mission Planner: Users can create/edit/save waypoint mission when the aircraft is offline.
2. Find My X-Star: Displays the last 3 positioning points+ key flight data on the map view when the aircraft is disconnected.
3. Photo Sharing: Users can share JPEGs and videos within 1080P.

Anyone got to use this yet. Waiting on new remote to arrive. Haven't got to use it ye
One option I would like to see added is being able to upload the waypoint missions to the cloud server to be used on a tablet or phone of the same operating system.
How do you obtain new Beta version?

If you have a android system go to google playstore and near the bottom it will ask if you want to become a beta tester. Say yes and you will be able to download the newer beta App.

If you are on apple ISO you have to wait till they come out with that App. Most likely in a week or so.

If you have a android system go to google playstore and near the bottom it will ask if you want to become a beta tester. Say yes and you will be able to download the newer beta App.

If you are on apple ISO you have to wait till they come out with that App. Most likely in a week or so.
Thank you

Hope to get to try it out this week. My remote is still with FedEx. It up dated location till last Friday and appears it's been in Oregon since. Cross fingers maybe it'll show up today. I could have drove to Washington and picked it up myself in half the time.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52

The Offline Mission Planner and Find My X-Star has been available for iOS since ver. 1.4.24, it was released mid March. Not sure if photo sharing was included though.

Thanks
I'm guessing your a beta tester as the official app for ISO does not list having those options.

Last edited:
OK Dino54 so perhaps you don't understand what offline mission planning is. The new Android app allows you to sit on your couch without being hooked up to the XSP and use the waypoint option to plan your missions and save them for a later time. Are you sure your not confusing the option to have the XSP on the ground and running to plan your mission? I know that option has been out for awhile.

OK Dino54 so perhaps you don't understand what offline mission planning is. The new Android app allows you to sit on your couch without being hooked up to the XSP and use the waypoint option to plan your missions and save them for a later time. Are you sure your not confusing the option to have the XSP on the ground and running to plan your mission? I know that option has been out for awhile.

Hmmm...I have the beta Android app and can't plan a mission unless I'm hooked up to the XSP. What version do you have? Mine is 2.0.3.19. Home, start, fly, Autopilot, all 3 icons are grey unless I'm connected to the XSP.

I have 2.0.3.19 but before mine worked I had to zoom in on the map and the waypoint icon got highlighted. Now it don't matter if it's zoomed or not

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

I have 2.0.3.19 but before mine worked I had to zoom in on the map and the waypoint icon got highlighted. Now it don't matter if it's zoomed or not

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk
Bam; that's it. I forgot you had to do the plan from the map view...makes sense, actually, and that's how it's done in the regular app. I've only used it once before. :)

Do you know how we send them feedback about the beta app? I want to suggest they get rid of the hard distance limit (looks like they give us approximately a half mile circle from the first waypoint), the 394' altitude limit (it's our responsibility, not theirs), and give us a way to change the altitude of more than one waypoint at a time.

Reactions: Arbaxter
Are you sure your not confusing the option to have the XSP on the ground and running to plan your mission? I know that option has been out for awhile.

Yes, I was referring to the ability to plan a mission on the ground but powered up, sorry for my confusion:rolleyes:

Still.....until Autel expands or better yet only restricts waypoint distance to battery life then the offline planning is useless to me. I had hopes that the SDK release would offer some alternative sources but I've not heard a peep from any of the known developers that they're considering doing anything with it, just not enough numbers I would guess.

I didn't know that either, and didn't want to look stupid . Thanks for info guys. Thumbs up on that one .

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials