Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

New Newbie Member

joserrodriguez

Reaction score
Hi to all members ! Just join this Forum to learn about the Autel Robotics X-Star Premium Drone w/ 4K Camera.
You see, I am retired but had previous experience as an RC Airplane Model Builder and Flyer ("Pilot") and now I have all the time in the World to experience this new Quadcopter Trend and I am looking for info on this Autel Robotics X-Star Premium Drone w/ 4K Camera before I decide to purchase it.

Mainly my main question is whether this Drone has as of today any type of "Obstruction Avoidance Sensors" (I don't know the correct wording) and if it will be wise to purchase it as a beginner in order to learn to fly with it.... Does it have a "Hover" function so as to safely learn to fly it without the risk of loosing it while learning, etc.

So if you guys feel that you can help me in any way possible by writing on this Forum with any info or "Links"
that you can refer me to I will appreciate it a lot.

Thanks

joserrodriguez

It doesn't have obsitcale avoidance but it will hover in place if you let go of the controls. In GPS mode it will stay in the exact spot as best it can and in ATTI mode it will hold altitude but drift laterally with the wind. I only had previous experience flying a toy drone and the x-star is super easy to fly compared to it.

Lots of specific information and troubleshooting here on the forum but you should check out the tutorial videos Autel has on YouTube as well as the owners manual for a broader overview.

best of luck

It doesn't have obsitcale avoidance but it will hover in place if you let go of the controls. In GPS mode it will stay in the exact spot as best it can and in ATTI mode it will hold altitude but drift laterally with the wind. I only had previous experience flying a toy drone and the x-star is super easy to fly compared to it.

Lots of specific information and troubleshooting here on the forum but you should check out the tutorial videos Autel has on YouTube as well as the owners manual for a broader overview.

best of luck
Hi Brian !

Thank your your response and info on my questions ! I surely appreciate your reply and will go to Youtube immediately and look for those Tutorial Videos to learn something !!

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo