Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

New member, just ordered an EVO II Enterprise

KS-6

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

After mulling over replacing my otherwise fantastic Mavic 2 Pro w/ SC and 6 batteries with a Mavic 3, I have decided to give the EVO II a try. As I prefer to use a dedicated controller with the screen vs a phone or a tablet and for other reasons, the enterprise version of this was a no brainer.

A bit of background, I have been a full time commercial and fine art photographer for over 35 years. In getting aerials for a variety of reasons, I have flown in small fixed wing, helicopters, hot air balloons and even backseat in fighter jets. I am based in a high end resort area in the Colorado Rockies and in addition to ski area content, magazine articles and advertising, I am also the photo editor of a farming and culinary magazine that is part of the Edible community of publications so I shoot a lot of agricultural work.

Aside from worsening lag with the constant battle of DJI's self unlocks and geo zones, I am looking for better still and video image quality which the Autel seems to offer. So when DJI moved the Mavic 3 to an even wider 24mm equivalent lens and from what I have seen thus far, corners still suffer as does quality control in lens centering, I decided that I was not going to pay all that for a drone that will still give me fits in geo zones and not enough real improvement over my M2P in terms of overall image quality.

I have the new DJI Mini 3 Pro on order and will use that for vertical shooting and out of the USA sub 250gram work but I have to improve my "Big Bird" AC and it seems it was time to give Autel a try.

I look forward to getting to know it!

Welcome and enjoy the forum. I own the Autel Enterprise, and I’m happy with it although there are always some bugs to deal with as all drones have.

Thanks, I am looking forward to giving it a shot and I am still combing the web for any DNG files to look at in terms of corner sharpness, lens centering, etc.

One question about the Smart Controller is how responsive is it in cold weather? My current one for my M2P has a lot more customizable buttons which really help for things like adjusting shutter speed, aperture, gimbal straight down for landing, etc.

Also, I use a third party charger for either doing a 4 at once bulk charge of my 6 M2P batteries and more importantly, recharge to 60% when done with a job and don't have another booked for a week or more. Does the included charger have a partial charge setting and if not, what are people using in terms of third party ones to achieve that?

Hi everyone!

After mulling over replacing my otherwise fantastic Mavic 2 Pro w/ SC and 6 batteries with a Mavic 3, I have decided to give the EVO II a try. As I prefer to use a dedicated controller with the screen vs a phone or a tablet and for other reasons, the enterprise version of this was a no brainer.

A bit of background, I have been a full time commercial and fine art photographer for over 35 years. In getting aerials for a variety of reasons, I have flown in small fixed wing, helicopters, hot air balloons and even backseat in fighter jets. I am based in a high end resort area in the Colorado Rockies and in addition to ski area content, magazine articles and advertising, I am also the photo editor of a farming and culinary magazine that is part of the Edible community of publications so I shoot a lot of agricultural work.

Aside from worsening lag with the constant battle of DJI's self unlocks and geo zones, I am looking for better still and video image quality which the Autel seems to offer. So when DJI moved the Mavic 3 to an even wider 24mm equivalent lens and from what I have seen thus far, corners still suffer as does quality control in lens centering, I decided that I was not going to pay all that for a drone that will still give me fits in geo zones and not enough real improvement over my M2P in terms of overall image quality.

I have the new DJI Mini 3 Pro on order and will use that for vertical shooting and out of the USA sub 250gram work but I have to improve my "Big Bird" AC and it seems it was time to give Autel a try.

I look forward to getting to know it!
Your not going to be happy with the video break-ups (both Live view and recorded) compared to DJI. Photos should be ok.

I received it and got it dialed in last night so I flew this AM. The camera I got is spot on, perfect centering and a really good improvement over my M2P in terms of overall and corner sharpness. It's obviously got a learning curve but seems intuitive enough and the much bigger screen on the controller is super welcome.

It's no M2P on the flight input responsiveness task but I can adapt if it does not get ironed out in FW updates. All things range and connectivity went fine, I study the crap out of setups anymore to stave off gremlins. I do wish the right wheel could be assigned to more things, I would prefer it be shutter speed like on my M2P.

I might try an evening shot after a job tonight and see how that goes...

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials