Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

New drone will not charge.

I'm kinda the opposite. I bought the bundle with 3 batteries. One would not charge on the multicharger (gave a light code of 3 long, 1 short on LED1). The other two batteries charged fine while all on the charger at the same time. I put the bad one in the aircraft and it started charging with a standard wall plug from my iPad mini.

I had the same problem with the Autel evo nano+. I didn't want to buy an external charger or return it to the store. So, I dismantled the battery and charged 2 cells with an iMax B6 li-po charger directly. The voltage was below 2v, and had to bump it to 3.7 which is the lowest for charger to pick it up. The battery shell is held by 4 screws, and after removing them, I had to pry open the case. This was no easy job, but it worked.
I tried opening the battery last night but ripped the cells away from the circuit board, they're only attached by foil apparently, so very fragile, I doubt I can re-attach them.
Sent away for a new battery anyway.

But once charged the first time on the multiple charged also on the drone is possible
The multiple charger in the UK where I live is £120.00.
I've sent away for a used Autel brick charger (30 watts) for £25.00.see if that works.
It's all vv expensive for something that rarely seems to work right out of the box.

Reactions: Jerrydrake
Thanks, I have the Autel one now. Drone doesn't charge the battery but with the hub it works fine. Looks like a bad connection inside the USB C connection in the drone. Have contacted Autel also.
I strongly suspect it can't be a bad connection, when you first plug in to the port in the drone, all the lights flash green as if to confirm the connection is good, then only one light flashes and it doesn't charge.
Maybe they don't charge from deep discharge in the drone as a fire safety feature?
Presumably they are shipped from new with no charge (or a very low charge) as a safety feature?
Just as well they're being discontinued, if i'd known all of this I wouldn't have bought one.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barry.bain