Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

New drone doesn't advance past User Agreement

tbt

Reaction score
When powering on my 4T for the first time, I attempt to activate the drone at the bottom of the User Agreement. The remote says getting aircraft data for three seconds before returning to the agreement and advancing no further. Neither reboots nor patience nor swapping batteries in the drone have fixed the issue. Has anyone seen this before? Excited to get this machine in the air for the first time.

thanks.

Conclusion: Drone wouldn't accept a firmware update via SD card, and I couldn't even check for an OTA update because the User Agreement screen was in the way. I could view the Explorer UI if the drone was turned off, though. On the remote, with the drone turned off, I killed the Explorer app and relaunched it. The app reported an available firmware update. Then, I turned on the drone, waited 45 seconds, and installed the firmware update.

After the update, I could activate the drone. However, neither cameras worked. I could tilt the gimbal, but I couldn't see anything. Drone has a firmware of NA. Remote is on the latest version. The drone has been sent in for repair. It's a bummer because I was really looking forward to seeing what this thing could do.

Conclusion: Drone wouldn't accept a firmware update via SD card, and I couldn't even check for an OTA update because the User Agreement screen was in the way. I could view the Explorer UI if the drone was turned off, though. On the remote, with the drone turned off, I killed the Explorer app and relaunched it. The app reported an available firmware update. Then, I turned on the drone, waited 45 seconds, and installed the firmware update.

After the update, I could activate the drone. However, neither cameras worked. I could tilt the gimbal, but I couldn't see anything. Drone has a firmware of NA. Remote is on the latest version. The drone has been sent in for repair. It's a bummer because I was really looking forward to seeing what this thing could do.
Since they NEVER have finished the software for the Evo II v3 release (1.25 years), I would not be too optimistic re: when this will improve. They consistently release hardware and the software is not ready. Then they release something else, focus on that, and the current products are ignored/never finished. Apparently, a road map that provides direction for the developers and the products they support, does not exist All they create is marketing hype for features they plan to relesase "someday".

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marwan