Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

New Autel SMARTCONTROLLER SE

Even after several updates, if I leave the battery in the SE controller it drains the battery. Autel still has not fixed this issue. Autel engineers should know better than to let this happen. OH, what am I thinking, this is Autel's MO.

I concur. I have largely remediated this issue by purchasing a second SE battery and always removing the battery between uses. It’s still not right but I have to have the system ready when I need to fly. I still have a Mavic and a Phantom 4 for backup but they are geofenced in my area to an extent that often renders them useless. (Also, I really do like the quality of the images from my EVO ll.)

Agree, I remove my battery from the SE controller. The "Smart" controller is not that smart :)

I have the autel drone with the controller. When I first got it with little help from instructions it paired with controller to Drone. I think it somehow paired to the Bluetooth on my phone. On a recent trip the gimbal quit working znd I tried everything with calibration but to no avail. I unpaired it from controller and re-pajred again to controller. Drone Flys and you can use the gimbal to move in and out but no control using button on controller to move it around. I looked on my phone and no symbol of the Drone shows up to pair the phone with controller. Does the controller need to be paired to phone to calibrate the gimbal? This happened 1 other time and the gimbal calibration worked. This time not. Did not realize gimbal would be such a problem on these! Any tips on linking to phone would be appreciated. BILL

I have the autel drone with the controller. When I first got it with little help from instructions it paired with controller to Drone. I think it somehow paired to the Bluetooth on my phone. On a recent trip the gimbal quit working znd I tried everything with calibration but to no avail. I unpaired it from controller and re-pajred again to controller. Drone Flys and you can use the gimbal to move in and out but no control using button on controller to move it around. I looked on my phone and no symbol of the Drone shows up to pair the phone with controller. Does the controller need to be paired to phone to calibrate the gimbal? This happened 1 other time and the gimbal calibration worked. This time not. Did not realize gimbal would be such a problem on these! Any tips on linking to phone would be appreciated. BILL
Do you have the smart controller se? I just received a new evo II v3 rugged bundle, with the SC SE. My left joystick doesn't register left/right movements. I can arm/disarm but my calibration is failing to recognize any movements on the left stick. Is this similar to the issue you've experienced? I'm in contact with support but no luck yet, they're reviewing logs.

I tried the update via download to the Drone and still the gimbal had no control. The joysticks and flying were fine. I had purchased the 1yr. Extended warranty so they paid to ship it back to Washington for repair. Hopefully Autel will get this under control. What good is a drone with a super camera if you cannot fly and take pictures. I hope this is not $2500 down the toilet. I love the Drone. Fix them. Who are these programmers that screw up the updates and don't test. Are there no fully American companies making drones?

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58