Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Need help understanding Hyperlapse on EVO II

Steverino

Reaction score
I’m trying to understand how the Hyperlapse function in the latest firmware works and I have the following questions:

When in Hyperlapse, does the EVO II take a series of photos or does it combine these into a video or videos or do both?

What is meant by “video duration” in the settings? I noticed it only goes up to 12 seconds so I suspect it makes short videos at the length specified and then you put these short videos together in your video editing software to make your time lapse video. Is that correct?

Can you use Hyperlapse simultaneously with Intelligent flight modes? If not, how to you control the movement of the aircraft? I’ve read you can only go in a straight line. Do you hold the stick to make it go, but the speed is limited by the max speed setting. Or, is there a way to make the aircraft move automatically? Can you fly sideways or are you limited to forward or backwards? Is it possible to orbit an object while doing hyperlapse?

As a test, I tried a short flight but the aircraft didn’t appear to move on its own. Several still photos and also a short video were created on the SD card. Does the EVO create the video but leave the photos on the SD card as well?

Does Autel have any documentation about Hyperlapse?

Thanks so much,

Steve Smith
After leaving this message, I tried it out and unfortunately, the aircraft did not hover precisely enough to steady it for the photography. Check out the video below and notice how the smokestack gyrates. :( Is there a way to correct that? I've already stabilized the video as much as I can.

Last edited:
Hi Steve, Have you found out how to apply a cruise mode with the smart controller to make it go in a certain direction at set speed?

I’m trying to understand how the Hyperlapse function in the latest firmware works and I have the following questions:

When in Hyperlapse, does the EVO II take a series of photos or does it combine these into a video or videos or do both?
You can do both, capture individual photos (J, R, J+R) and a resulting composited TL/HL video.
What is meant by “video duration” in the settings?
That is the time length in seconds of the composited TL/HL video, the longer the resulting video, the more photos captured, the longer the capture time.
I noticed it only goes up to 12 seconds so I suspect it makes short videos at the length specified and then you put these short videos together in your video editing software to make your time lapse video. Is that correct?
You could do a series of flights and captures and put those short videos together in post with your edit sw, or, you can also take say a 12 second TL/HL video, then slow it down a bit in post.
Can you use Hyperlapse simultaneously with Intelligent flight modes?
I dont believe in the current sw/fw that you can combine modes, have tried combining for example dual stability with other modes to no luck.

Otoh, when in missions, you can setup to capture photo every n seconds or x distance traveled and then do various things.
If not, how to you control the movement of the aircraft?
You can move the aircraft while in HL mode using the sticks as you capture your TL/HL.
I’ve read you can only go in a straight line.
Hmm, I seem to recall being able to go in all directions while capturing HL/TL.
Do you hold the stick to make it go, but the speed is limited by the max speed setting. Or, is there a way to make the aircraft move automatically?
You can manually move the aircraft while in HL mode, for automated movement, try using missions with timed or distanced based capture.
Can you fly sideways or are you limited to forward or backwards?
You can move the aircraft with the sticks up/down, left/right, etc, at least the last time I tried it.
Is it possible to orbit an object while doing hyperlapse?
Sure, using the sticks
As a test, I tried a short flight but the aircraft didn’t appear to move on its own. Several still photos and also a short video were created on the SD card. Does the EVO create the video but leave the photos on the SD card as well?
Are you looking in the nnMEDIA folder, or, nnTASK folder for the images?
Have done TLs where the individual photos and composited resulting video are in a nnTASK folder, while other non TL/HL images are in a nnMEDIA folder, where nn is a sequence number.
Does Autel have any documentation about Hyperlapse?
Yes, look at their site, there are also various videos etc, google autel evo ii hyperlapse
Thanks so much,
No worries

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials