Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

MY SMART CONTROLLER IS USELESS

Every image and screenshot of from either model of Tripletek (including their own internal website!) displays a sickly green color cast. I'm a photographer first, so that was a total deal killer to me, no matter how bright. My solution? A $300 Galaxy Tab S6 with a 10.5" SuperAMOLED 16:10 aspect and ~500 nits, a fast Snapdragon 855 processor, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Android 11 and a MicroSD card slot. In my opinion, it's a much better overall tablet. It plays back 4K 60p and 6K 30p vids in the field without complaint. It has an included pen stylus for editing and for creating Missions. It's a fabulous portfolio display device. It's become one of my favorite devices when I'm not flying, as well

Every image and screenshot of from either model of Tripletek (including their own internal website!) displays a sickly green color cast. I'm a photographer first, so that was a total deal killer to me, no matter how bright. My solution? A $300 Galaxy Tab S6 with a 10.5" SuperAMOLED 16:10 aspect and ~500 nits, a fast Snapdragon 855 processor, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Android 11 and a MicroSD card slot. In my opinion, it's a much better overall tablet. It plays back 4K 60p and 6K 30p vids in the field without complaint. It has an included pen stylus for editing and for creating Missions. It's a fabulous portfolio display device. It's become one of my favorite devices when I'm not flying, as well
I have tried tablet in summer without any shade...no more :)...
RAW files support a lot of corrections, so if the tint is a little out, is easy to correct in post.
but....everybody is free to choose what is best for him.

So GeoDrone SRL, I made a simple foam and gaffers tape shade for pennies in an hour or less that works a treat. Commercially available shades are $25-50. If someone wants to make another model of tablet work and not just shill for Tripletek, some can be made to work very well indeed. Flagship tablets (my Tab S6 was the latest and greatest such Android tablet available 18 mos ago) are extremely useful devices beyond just flying drones. The Crystal Sky and Tripletek tablets don't have as much functionality for other tasks

Reactions: GeoDrone SRL
So GeoDrone SRL, I made a simple foam and gaffers tape shade for pennies in an hour or less that works a treat. Commercially available shades are $25-50. If someone wants to make another model of tablet work and not just shill for Tripletek, some can be made to work very well indeed. Flagship tablets (my Tab S6 was the latest and greatest such Android tablet available 18 mos ago) are extremely useful devices beyond just flying drones. The Crystal Sky and Tripletek tablets don't have as much functionality for other tasks
I know what you say...
I had a footage in mid land, no damn tree...hiding in car was last resort and at end I was wet in underwear, shoes, everything was melting (AC had an issue)...At that moment I purchased Tripltek's for drones we have...
But you are right, for photos your tablet is very good as it have a very good gamut for colors. I use 99% of time the E2P's for commercial video, so needed a very bright screen as I use HDR+LOG and edit in post and anyway I know how to select manual K for temp only based on how is the light outside and adjust in post, only histogram I need to see because Tripltek at full light can trick you.

Will the data from the Galaxy tab work if you're doing post on a mac? Also, does it need SIM capability is wifi-only fine?

Autel drone OS is Android-based. My tablet's operating system is Android 11, and it's WiFi (Galaxy Tab S6 was updated from original Pie, and 4G LTE versions exist). But this doesn't affect the integrity of your video or RAW files-- they're written to the MicroSD card in the Evo II. Your card should be formatted as ExFAT for best interoperability. Everything Mac since Snow Leopard is able to read ExFAT. 10 bit Log files, 4K 60p, and HDR require h265 codec so your Mac will have to interpret that, it's hardware decoding on the fly but that should be easy for anything current.

@Brock Inspector - Thank you. One more question---when I format the MicroSD card how (or where) do I choose to format it in ExFAT vs another protocol/formatting? I've formatted SD cards in my Nikon DSLR and it was always said "format card Y/N?" -- it never gave a me a choice. Maybe on the mac it will?

OS 10 since Snow Leopard should give you that option, and should be able to read ExFAT. Formatting in the drone's card slot is what Autel recommends. I find I have fewer pop-ups and can read the MicroSD across more devices (without their reporting errors) when I format in the Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 card slot

Last edited:
OS 10 since Snow Leopard should give you that option, and should be able to read ExFAT. Formatting in the drone's card slot is what Autel recommends. I find I have fewer pop-ups and can read the MicroSD across more devices (without their reporting errors) when I format in the Samsung Galaxy S6 card slot

Got it, thank you.

I have the version 2 of the SC and the EVO II Pro and that combo works well. My understanding is that because of the chipset change the V1 Evos can not use the V2 of the smart controllers. The light versions also will not work with the V2 SC. As a result I am purchasing the DJI Mini 3 instead of the Nano Plus to have the DJI version of the Smart Controller. I just can not see the phone well enough to use that tool to fly. I am also considering the Mavric 3 Cime because of the camera, resolution and smart controller if I can get around the geo fencing issue.

The Autel Lite and Lite + have a 2.7K downlink out to 1 KM range. That has to rate as one of the best viewfinder experiences available, and I'd love to see that on a bright tablet

The Autel Lite and Lite + have a 2.7K downlink out to 1 KM range. That has to rate as one of the best viewfinder experiences available, and I'd love to see that on a bright tablet
Well, we would also love to see:
1. The full functionality of them after 6 months
2. Fixed bugs
3. Service respose

:) but we don't believe in miracles anymore.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy