Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

MY SMART CONTROLLER IS USELESS

Brent Kaplan

Reaction score
MY Smart Controller is the root of all my issues when I replace my evo2 pro v1 with a v2.
1. it would stop recording at 4:47 everytime but it really didnt stop recording just the smart controller showed that.
2. fixed the 4:47 stope recording issue by updating firmware twice but now it just randomly stops recording.
3. my reception issue have gone down hill to the point i cant fly more then 20 feet away before i lose connection.
4. with standard controller i have zero issues.
5. i get no response anymore from Autel

• Wow
Reactions: Len
MY Smart Controller is the root of all my issues when I replace my evo2 pro v1 with a v2.
1. it would stop recording at 4:47 everytime but it really didnt stop recording just the smart controller showed that.
2. fixed the 4:47 stope recording issue by updating firmware twice but now it just randomly stops recording.
3. my reception issue have gone down hill to the point i cant fly more then 20 feet away before i lose connection.
4. with standard controller i have zero issues.
5. i get no response anymore from Autel
Do you have a V2 smart controller?..... it isn't clear from your post.

I also have the the SC V2 and after the update the “stop recording issues “ disappeared. When I do Hyperlapse, and push C1 to keeping going to the direction desired, sometimes it works and sometimes doesn’t. I like the SC but what really bothers me is the screen resolution, it is so dated (Android 7) at night is so hard to get the right camera or video settings because the resolution it is not good. If I use my iPad or iPhone, it is a big difference what I see on the screen which I get nice colors and resolution.
Regarding the connection issues, I tested it yesterday and had no problems so far. Did you try to change manually from auto to 2.4 GHZ or 5.8 GHZ ? ( I’m just guessing maybe it helps).

I also have the the SC V2 and after the update the “stop recording issues “ disappeared. When I do Hyperlapse, and push C1 to keeping going to the direction desired, sometimes it works and sometimes doesn’t. I like the SC but what really bothers me is the screen resolution, it is so dated (Android 7) at night is so hard to get the right camera or video settings because the resolution it is not good. If I use my iPad or iPhone, it is a big difference what I see on the screen which I get nice colors and resolution.
Regarding the connection issues, I tested it yesterday and had no problems so far. Did you try to change manually from auto to 2.4 GHZ or 5.8 GHZ ? ( I’m just guessing maybe it helps).
ive tried Auto and 2.4 and 5.8 But when im in flight and go in to change it it shows N/A or in 5.8 it seems to switch randomly.

How are you attaching an ipad to your standard controller ?
Thanks

Reactions: edgardcafe
I do not understand why you guys did not get the tripltek on the first place instead of the SC, I returned my SC as soon as I see the smoothness of the tripletek 8 .

Last edited:
ive tried Auto and 2.4 and 5.8 But when im in flight and go in to change it it shows N/A or in 5.8 it seems to switch randomly.

How are you attaching an ipad to your standard controller ?
Thanks
I bought an

I do not understand why you guys did not get the tripltek in the first place instead of the SC, I returned my SC as soon as I see the smoothness of the tripletek 8 .
Hello could you provide any more detail regarding the Smart Controllers output, is it choppy, stutter. I have a Tripltek 8 now and thinking of a SC, but certainly don't want to downgrade in monitors.

Thanks Mike

I had the SC V1 . I was having issues with video choppiness, connection video issues, after less than 1 mile, battery lasting less than two hours, poor screen resolution, long time to turning on, screen getting very hot to touch, multiple firmware updates with no solution to the issues...
I went with the Tripltek 8. great video even after 2 miles, the battery lasts forever, great screen resolution, and the brightness to my eyes is the same as the brightness on the SC. If you place both screens together the Tripltek is miles ahead on the image quality

I had the SC V1 . I was having issues with video choppiness, connection video issues, after less than 1 mile, battery lasting less than two hours, poor screen resolution, long time to turning on, screen getting very hot to touch, multiple firmware updates with no solution to the issues...
I went with the Tripltek 8. great video even after 2 miles, the battery lasts forever, great screen resolution, and the brightness to my eyes is the same as the brightness on the SC. If you place both screens together the Tripltek is miles ahead on the image quality
i wasnt even aware of it
Thanks

Hello could you provide any more detail regarding the Smart Controllers output, is it choppy, stutter. I have a Tripltek 8 now and thinking of a SC, but certainly don't want to downgrade in monitors.

Thanks Mike
I can only comment on the V1. I really have no idea how much hardware the two versions share or how the differences might affect the experience.

That said, I really have no major complaints other than the audio being inaudible in real-world situations.

The screen is bright. No problems there.

The resolution is lackluster, but in my opinion adequate.

I had a little choppiness in the video at first. That seems to have fixed itself (or maybe my eyes got used to it).

Upon arrival, the SC had some firmware problem that caused the gimbal not to work properly. Evan at AR support diagnosed and fixed it during a two hour-plus phone call.

Once in a while, for reasons unknown, it takes a longer-than-usual time to start up.

I've had no transmission or battery issues. The battery always lasts longer than I do.

Again, I have the V1. I have no idea how the hardware changes may have affected the V2.

yeah i have the v1 sc as well and it's been fine....more than fine. i have the tripltek and while it's nice....not better than the sc; not even close.

yeah i have the v1 sc as well and it's been fine....more than fine. i have the tripltek and while it's nice....not better than the sc; not even close.
As you have both, is it heavier than the SC ? How about the screen resolution? I like the SC but the screen resolution sucks, worse at night when setup the settings for manual videos or photos.

As you have both, is it heavier than the SC ? How about the screen resolution? I like the SC but the screen resolution sucks, worse at night when setup the settings for manual videos or photos.
v1 sc = 3 lbs 1oz
tripltek alone = 1 lb 8oz

sc is definitely heavier but it's a screen and the controller in one, you use two hands, and i often attach the lanyard.

not 100% sure about the resolution because i haven't done a side-by-side and i mainly use the tripltek for skydio but the sc screen brightness i much better imo. the tripltek is bright, it's just not wow bright.

v1 sc = 3 lbs 1oz
tripltek alone = 1 lb 8oz

sc is definitely heavier but it's a screen and the controller in one, you use two hands, and i often attach the lanyard.

not 100% sure about the resolution because i haven't done a side-by-side and i mainly use the tripltek for skydio but the sc screen brightness i much better imo. the tripltek is bright, it's just not wow bright.
Oh thanks for your replayed. About the resolution I was referring about colors’ resolutions. I know the SC brightness is 2k nits and it is great at the sunlight.

I use TRIPLTEK 8" new model...Damn, is a VERY GOOD tablet.
In daylight is very bright, comes with a film to apply on screen to make it matte (useful for daylight).
Very easy to work with it and with Lifthor, a very good match.
Also the APP Autel Explorer is working fine on it, until now there was no bugs related to app working on Tripltek identified or problems...
SC sold. Not needed. (heavier and no extra functionality for me).

Last edited:
can you tell what issues you have had with the tripltek
None up to now. Is working perfectly.
The remote is very good balanced with Tripltek 8" and Lifthor, also the neck holder is taking all weight from hands and is easy to work. I can leave the Remote without holding it by hands, will remain suspended by neck with that strap from Lifthor.
The screen is very responsive, the brightness is very good in direct sun.
The battery is holding a full working day.
I have seen in some comments that the screen from Tripltek looked a little soft at some people...I have seen a sharp image at mine, so...is nice.

With Evo 2 Pro there are the known bugs, in Timelapse and contrast/sharpness -1 not working, but this is from Firmware and Soft bugs.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller