Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

My other X-star antennes

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score
Ordered two GSM Omni Antenna 900MHz 3.5dbi RP-SMA Male(female pin) from China. They finally came in today. If the weather warms up a bit I will be testing them out. I also have a omni directional and a directional antenna for the 5.8 Ghz antenna. Should be interesting to see how well the 5.8 does compared to the 4Hawks Raptor. :)

20171012_091647.jpg 20171012_091941.jpg

No I wish it was. I am able to do this because I did the 4Hawks Raptor install. So there is a lot more to it then just taking off the old antennas. I did this many for winter flying and did not want the big 4Hawks antenna on my controller during the winter.

Suggestion only, Flip the long antennas down, the rf lobe radiates out from the antenna. Pointed this way the biggest part of the lobe is pointed at the ground and at you.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Did not know that, I was just trying to keep them like the recommended stock position Autel tells us. Not that I have had any problems but I will give that a go.
Thanks

He's just thinking of your safety, don't want you to become sterile, infertile, speaking in a really high voice, etc.;)

All kidding aside, would you say these work better than the stock antennas?

I will let you know next spring when it warms up. Hell its getting cold around here. LOL
Only 2 flights so far OBD so its hard to tell if they are any better. They are not any worse thats for sure.

Just thinking. I wonder if 4Hawks, and the other guys that make the square antenna package, build the three cables that go inside the RC, or do they source them out? If you could find the three cables already constructed, or locate the parts to build them yourself, you would be good to go with the alternate screw on antenna options correct? Agustine mentioned above, that early indications are that the screw on antenna performance was no worse than the large square antenna, therefore both are better than the stock antenna. In my opinion, it's a much cleaner and manageable setup that without question fits inside the carry case. Not to mention has to be less expensive?

Thinking further, you really only need the OD threaded connectors and a way of getting them on the stock cables.

You can't use the stock cables. They are built into the stock antennas.
You mentioned I said they where no worse than the 4Hawks, I think I said they were no worse than the stock antennas.
The cables are available and several cable manufacturers in the States. I believe the 5.8 cable is a
RG178 U.fl IPX to RP-SMA Male Pigtail Cable For WIFI Wireless LOW LOSS
but I might be wrong. The 900 cables I'm not sure on the end that connects to the board but once you figure out what it is they are on ebay also. China is full of stuff like that LOL

You can't use the stock cables. They are built into the stock antennas.
You mentioned I said they where no worse than the 4Hawks, I think I said they were no worse than the stock antennas.
The cables are available and several cable manufacturers in the States. I believe the 5.8 cable is a
RG178 U.fl IPX to RP-SMA Male Pigtail Cable For WIFI Wireless LOW LOSS
but I might be wrong. The 900 cables I'm not sure on the end that connects to the board but once you figure out what it is they are on ebay also. China is full of stuff like that LOL
Your right, I didn't read the previous post fully. It is going to be interesting to see what results you get when you position the antennas down.....when it's not so cold up there.

BTW, I have gotten much better results with the Raptor after getting the shorter lightning cable. It's a one foot coiled cable, and I am sure I can get even better if I get something not coiled. If they could get the FW worked out, this could get downright fun. lol

What scares me is the battery. I went 2 miles plus and could have gone a lot farther. Actually I found a helipad I had no idea was there in that township. It does not show up on any app. Scary ****.
The battery is what limits us when the 4Hawks is working right.

What scares me is the battery. I went 2 miles plus and could have gone a lot farther. Actually I found a helipad I had no idea was there in that township. It does not show up on any app. Scary ****.
The battery is what limits us when the 4Hawks is working right.
Too scary for me for sure. My distance is improved and that's a bonus, but I was tickled to get an uninterrupted video feed. Worth the money for the upgrade, and opens up other options as well.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qasamm