Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

MPH issues (Evo)

Spiller224

Reaction score
I fly an EVO... I have my MPH set at 22. Like it does by default. But when I get the quad about 100' up, it won't go over 5mph. Any suggestions. The obstacle avoidance is on,. And beeps occasionally because of the snow glare. Least I hope that's why. Could it go slow like that because it's trying to "avoid" stuff. Or is there another thing I'm missing. Any suggestions. Also today when I flew it was cloudy out but it still kept being overly sensitive with the sensors and showing yellow on the monitor. Any one else have these issues? Thanks

Yes, the sun WILL cause it to falsely activate the Obstacle Avoidance. It should show the usual Flashing "radar" /beeping when that is the issue.
Did you try just reversing your flight (turn around) so that the sun isn't shining into the sensor just to see if that is, indeed, the case?
Please consider the wind at 100' versus at ground level. What might seem like a small breeze at ground level could easily be a 10+MPH wind at a higher altitude which will REALLY slow the drone down if fighting a headwind. Again, reversing the direction will tell you if the wind is slowing it down because it will regain the speed with the wind behind it.

Also, as above, try it with the OA disabled to verify?

Last edited:
Flew a mission a few days ago that would not fly more than 1 mph into a head wind @ 400 feet! Had the mission set at 22mph. Battery was really low :eek: so I aborted the mission & flew down to 100 ft and it began to fly at 22 mph. Different levels have different winds. Made it back to the landing pad with 4% battery left. Whew! whew.png

Flew a mission a few days ago that would not fly more than 1 mph into a head wind @ 400 feet! Had the mission set at 22mph. Battery was really low :eek: so I aborted the mission & flew down to 100 ft and it began to fly at 22 mph. Different levels have different winds. Made it back to the landing pad with 4% battery left. Whew! View attachment 10438
I recently performed a test between my EVO2 and a Air2S going into the same headwind. The EVO 2 would only go 10mph (in ludicrous mode) and the AIR2S went 25mph (in sport mode) in the same direction. Interesting. They were both able to do there maximum speeds when flown in the opposite direction to the headwind, EVO2@ 45-46mph and Air2S@43mph.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JDEAZA