Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Mobile phone sun hood

ORANGE CRUSH

Reaction score
Can anyone supply me with inside dimensions of the Autel sun hood for mobile phones? Autel is closed for the holidays & i would like to order one if my galaxy s8 plus will fit with a case on my phone, thanks, Crush out

Sunshade.jpg I made this sunshade for my Samsung Tab A out of a political poster from last year. Finally, a use for that crap - ha.

I just measured the sides and how deep I wanted this shade, cut to size, folded it and used sticky Velcro. Then I painted the inside flat black. Works pretty darned good but is a bit unwieldy. It might be looked at as 'funky', but the price was right. ;)

Well heck, that sunshade looks like it works just fine. Autel got back to me on the size of their hood, thanks for the advice.

Reactions: Tommy Molnar
Orange,
I believe that Autel's hood will accommodate a tablet up to 10" screen. Is that correct?

I got a hood from Amazon for about $14 that has worked very well.

I have a 9.7" tablet & Autels hood fits perfect, i'm also going to get a hood for my Galaxy s8 plus that Autel has & looks like it will also fit perfect.

Well heck, that sunshade looks like it works just fine. Autel got back to me on the size of their hood.

I'm sure Autel's screen shade is probably smaller than this. The guy who gave me the original idea had a smaller one as well. I made a much smaller one for my old Phantom 2 Vision that I flew off my cell phone and it was just way too small. Sun shined in from all over. I decided to go oversize for the pumpkin. I actually could have gone even bigger!

Can anyone supply me with inside dimensions of the Autel sun hood for mobile phones? Autel is closed for the holidays & i would like to order one if my galaxy s8 plus will fit with a case on my phone, thanks, Crush out

Did you ever find a hood for your Galaxy S8 Plus? I need one as well.

Did you ever find a hood for your Galaxy S8 Plus? I need one as well.

As you probably know already, a sunshield, sunshade, sunhood (just adding keywords for others to find this thread) for a Samsung Galaxy S8+ or S8 Plus - doesn't exist.

I did however find this one. It's about half off from bhphoto.com:

It should arrive soon so I'll update this thread once I try it out. With the S8+ being one of the most popular phones on the market today, it's sheer stupidity that these sunshade companies don't make any that fit. I emailed pgytech and they said it's the only one that will work. We'll see.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58