Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Missing first frame of video

Scruffy

Reaction score
Hello... every time there is a change to the next video file, there is one black frame at the start that is a bit of a pain to eliminate each time I want to join two files together.... anyone else notice that?

Hello... every time there is a change to the next video file, there is one black frame at the start that is a bit of a pain to eliminate each time I want to join two files together.... anyone else notice that?
Two things immediately come to mind:

1) No I don't have that problem when I join two clips together; are you sure its not your editor doing it?
2) It does not split the files until you've shot 4GB worth of video. That is an incredibly long amount of time to keep recording unless it is something like live action or for an event. Have you considered changing your technique? At the end of the day do you end up throwing away a lot of footage that all looks the same?

The way I shoot is I get the drone in the air, I figure out while in the air the optimal drone movement (dolly, truck, orbit, pedestal, etc), I then set the proper exposure, double check my resolution and camera settings, then I hit record with a goal of recording 30s-1minute tops. Out of that footage in the final project I will probably use no more than 3-5 seconds of that particular clip. With this approach the focus is on quality vs quantity and an added benefit is I never come close to hitting the 4GB file size limit. The smaller files also mean I can shoot more content with a single memory card, its faster copying the footage from the chip to the computer, etc.

Reactions: MNT DRONE SOLUTIONS
Hi.... thank you for the quick reply and those are wise comments indeed.... I know I should be more precise on when to record or not record during flight.... I am guilty of hitting record soon after launch and letting it record continuously until I land.... that is why I have 4gb files to join.... yes I have lots of unusable footage.... doing what you do is definitely the proper way to record.... I would have to train myself to line up a shot, etc and remember to hit record at the right time.... thanks for your insight.... much appreciated... I am just getting used to my Evo II pro, only about 5 flights so far.... I have other issues like certain settings that I will address later.... thanks again... all the best from Ron (aka ‘Scruffy’)

Reactions: herein2021

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kingraja