Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Map not correct

Fishhead3

Reaction score
Hi folks

I seem to be getting this more commonly on my E2P. I am doing nothing different to many previous flights - turn on the controller and let it boot up before turning on the drone. However, I no get this strange map with flight lines across it and it makes me concerned that if I press the RTH button the drone will disappear somewhere. I even have a flight in my flight log labeled 'Antarctica'.

I have posted this on a Facebook group but with no satisfactory suggestions as to what may be going on.

Any thoughts?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220424-102941_Autel Explorer.jpg
    Screenshot_20220424-102941_Autel Explorer.jpg
    644.2 KB · Views: 7
Hi folks

I seem to be getting this more commonly on my E2P. I am doing nothing different to many previous flights - turn on the controller and let it boot up before turning on the drone. However, I no get this strange map with flight lines across it and it makes me concerned that if I press the RTH button the drone will disappear somewhere. I even have a flight in my flight log labeled 'Antarctica'.

I have posted this on a Facebook group but with no satisfactory suggestions as to what may be going on.

Any thoughts?
1. Make IMU calibration.
2. After 1., make Gimbal calibration Auto then adjust manual, you will need it.
3. After 1 and 2, go outside and make compass calibration without having ANY metal around, not even phone.

Start the controller and the drone, make sure the phone have internet, check to see where it shows you the home point. If is in Antarctica, set the home point to ME, then to HOME POINT...at moment you have minimum 9 satellites connection, should see on map that Home point is set to drone position (updating).

If this does not work, start a firmware update using the firmware 2.7.35 (is stable but also have a few bugs...get used with it) from here:
Be careful to choose the proper FW, if you have Standard controller and V1, choose Standard Controller and V1, or you will brick it.
Also update the software to 11.8.8.1 from here:

Cheers.

Reactions: gschulzuio
1. Make IMU calibration.
2. After 1., make Gimbal calibration Auto then adjust manual, you will need it.
3. After 1 and 2, go outside and make compass calibration without having ANY metal around, not even phone.

Start the controller and the drone, make sure the phone have internet, check to see where it shows you the home point. If is in Antarctica, set the home point to ME, then to HOME POINT...at moment you have minimum 9 satellites connection, should see on map that Home point is set to drone position (updating).

If this does not work, start a firmware update using the firmware 2.7.35 (is stable but also have a few bugs...get used with it) from here:
Be careful to choose the proper FW, if you have Standard controller and V1, choose Standard Controller and V1, or you will brick it.
Also update the software to 11.8.8.1 from here:

Cheers.
many thanks for this. Will give it a go

Reactions: GeoDrone SRL
The exact thing happened to me when I was flying a very long assignment. Multiple send outs and returns for battery changes. On the 4th battery swap , on reboot of the drone after new battery inserted, (I kept the v2 controller on the entire time) my E2P showed me in Antarctica as well. In fact I saw the exact same image on my SC that you posted. All I did was reboot the SC and reboot the drone again and all was normal since. That was about 3 flights ago, BUT if it happens again I will try the above advice as well. Thanks!

Reactions: GeoDrone SRL
The exact thing happened to me when I was flying a very long assignment. Multiple send outs and returns for battery changes. On the 4th battery swap , on reboot of the drone after new battery inserted, (I kept the v2 controller on the entire time) my E2P showed me in Antarctica as well. In fact I saw the exact same image on my SC that you posted. All I did was reboot the SC and reboot the drone again and all was normal since. That was about 3 flights ago, BUT if it happens again I will try the above advice as well. Thanks!
As both have same issue, one question: Did you tried to make the pair again between RC and drone?
If not, try also re-pair both. Is simple.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller