Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Manual landing

Terry B50

Reaction score
Hello all,
I am wondering if the behavior I am about to describe is normal or if so how to get around it. When I bring my Evo1 back to land it. Everything is normal, until I get about 3ft or less above the landing pad. I want to ease it down during the last bit of the landing, but it gets to that distance above the landing pad, and continues to descend, with zero input from the sticks. I have to intervene, and bring it up a bit, to make certain that it is centered over the pad. I can't make fine adjustments to it when it is low over the pad. It just continues to descend on it's own. I don't have that issue when I fly my Phantom4 pro. Additionally, when I use RTH, when it is making the final approach, it doesn't go straight down to the pad. It will get down to about 10 or 12 ft and start to back up towards me and away from the pad. At that time, I need to cancel RTH. Does anyone have a solution? Thanks for any input.

Hello all,
I am wondering if the behavior I am about to describe is normal or if so how to get around it. When I bring my Evo1 back to land it. Everything is normal, until I get about 3ft or less above the landing pad. I want to ease it down during the last bit of the landing, but it gets to that distance above the landing pad, and continues to descend, with zero input from the sticks. I have to intervene, and bring it up a bit, to make certain that it is centered over the pad. I can't make fine adjustments to it when it is low over the pad. It just continues to descend on it's own. I don't have that issue when I fly my Phantom4 pro. Additionally, when I use RTH, when it is making the final approach, it doesn't go straight down to the pad. It will get down to about 10 or 12 ft and start to back up towards me and away from the pad. At that time, I need to cancel RTH. Does anyone have a solution? Thanks for any input.

I have the EVO II 6K and I can tell you one of my pet peeves is the inability to disable auto landing. The DJI Mavic Pro does the same thing. The P4 and the Inspire 1 and 2 do not do this. If the EVO I is like the EVO II when it gets within approximately 3 or 4 feet above ANYTHING, it will start to auto land. I had it start trying to auto land on a light pole 50' up in the air; if I hadn't cancelled it I would have lost the drone.

This is also problematic if you want to do something like a roof inspection; it could start auto-landing at any moment when you get too close to the roof.

EVO I here
I do not have that problem. I can adjust from just any height above the LP, even take it up a bit to adjust to lad on my pad.
I usually do Return to Home and I can see the EVO make small adjustments as it comes down to land. If needed I can adjust
a few feet to assure landing o the pad.
BYW I took it out last night to make sure it behaved that way !
Explorer App Ver 1.0.1.45
Firmware V 1.4.9

That's how mine lands. I take off from my truck though and landing doesn't have to be that precise. If I'm out hiking with it I always land on my hand.

Check your landing protection modes, also your remaining battery settings, as well as lighting around the landing area. My E2P will do similar to what you describe if the battery is very low and wants to land asap. However on normal landing, manual or RTH, it will descend, adjust location as needed and land as expected. As for DJI P4P, have experienced similar to what you describe when operating in autonomous zones with OA enabled, particular with Dronedeploy that tend to try fast, hard landings vs. what Go4 or even Litchi can do (very slow, accurate, soft landing & flair). Good luck.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials