Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Mandatory Airspace No Fly now enforced?

So you are saying you don't fly Autel drones? As far as trust, I make my own decisions, but I don't really inherently trust any of the Chinese companies. All have to support the Chinese Communist party and their military by law, if asked. It's hardest for them to get intelligence from Yuneec drones by their nature, Autel at least, doesn't make me tell them when I am flying near critical infrastructure and I can fly offline and not update if I want (doesn't say they can't get in though when I connect to the internet). You basically can't fly a DJI without giving them information. I like DJI hardware, and I like the ease of use of their software, but I don't like their badly named "fly-safe" system. They also seem to have a lot of bots out talking trash about their competitors again, especially right now. I want to see competition in the market.
No, I am saying I own Autel drones (EVO and EVO 2 Pro 6k) based the representation that Autel Robotics won't stop me from flying. However, I have no faith in that promise continuing to be kept when they are following the exact same path DJI did with their "advisory" GEO that was sold as always being voluntary, and was then made compulsory. If we have learned anything, it is that Autel Robotics simply copies DJI a year or two later. Both are Chinese companies and make money selling new drones, not keeping past drone purchasers happy. If AR can't sell any new drones in the U.S. without agreeing to mandatory geofencing, whether compulsory or under threat of a ban, they will sacrifice any good will on past sales in a heartbeat! They've done it before, abandoning previously drone owners, to go after new drone owners! Autel Robotics is hardly competition for DJI, although they do keep them innovating! Not a fan of FlySafe and GEO either, but I have learned to work with them, with my two Autel Robotic aircraft as DJI backups, just in case, for now.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials