Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Lume Cubes

Jim Jenkins

Reaction score
Just ordered a setup for my xsp from Adorama. Curious to see how well they work.

Just money lol. I am a bit of a flash-a-holic anyways. High end lights are more than these lume cubes. Gotta have light on mine!

I am trying to figure a legitimate use they may have to justify. Maybe if you are doing some sort of inspection in a grain silo for a farmer or other dark area or low lit area. But for the everyday hobbyist......not seeing it.

If I tried to justify most of my purchases I wouldn't buy half the stuff I do. I just wanted em - simple.

If I was honest with myself I would admit that....LOL! I had 4 motorcycles< and one ask why???!!!!

Why not 5? Ha!

For I fear certain death from the boss if that ever happens again! Plus, I am getting too old and wise to test and tempt the waters like I use to as a young buck. Reflexes to dodge flying objects are no longer there...LOL!

Reactions: Glazier
Just got em last night and it was raining so haven't mounted them yet. I did play around with them. Extremely rugged both the lights and the mounts. Feel heavy (video showed 10oz but they feel heavier). Very , very bright. App works well ; change intensity and has a slow to fast flash pattern. I turned them on at 75% constant power for 15 minutes and they used 25% of the battery life so 2 flights should be achieved easy enough. One of the cubes actually shut down after 15 minutes as they have thermal protection. I dont see them doing that when mounted since the xsp has a lot of down draft from the propellers. They do get extremely hot but they were static when I tried em out. Am I pleased? - very much so far.

Just got em last night and it was raining so haven't mounted them yet. I did play around with them. Extremely rugged both the lights and the mounts. Feel heavy (video showed 10oz but they feel heavier). Very , very bright. App works well ; change intensity and has a slow to fast flash pattern. I turned them on at 75% constant power for 15 minutes and they used 25% of the battery life so 2 flights should be achieved easy enough. One of the cubes actually shut down after 15 minutes as they have thermal protection. I dont see them doing that when mounted since the xsp has a lot of down draft from the propellers. They do get extremely hot but they were static when I tried em out. Am I pleased? - very much so far.

Can they be pointed in a downward position or are they fixed straight ahead in orientation?

Hi all, I have had 2 Lume Cubes for some time and night flying opens up a whole new world. They are BRIGHT and seeing where your flying is like daylight the
brightness can be adjusted from 1 to 10 settings I only set them at 5 and wow this is bright at 5 the batteries last long at least 2 hours and 20 minutes at setting 10.
For some great night flying defenately worth the money.
cheers, JV

Personally I think the cubes are over priced. If you go to Walmart and get a couple of bicycle lights mount them to your aircraft and They will last approximately four hours each so I don't know what you're doing with these things. I got a couple of them mounted to my Typhoon H because sometimes I like to fly at night time, works great for me.

Personally I think the cubes are over priced. If you go to Walmart and get a couple of bicycle lights mount them to your aircraft and They will last approximately four hours each so I don't know what you're doing with these things. I got a couple of them mounted to my Typhoon H because sometimes I like to fly at night time, works great for me.

Most color-balanced LED systems are expensive. For cinema/inspection/production lighting, you not only want balanced LED's, you NEED them. There is a significant difference between lighting for night-flight and lighting for color accuracy/integrity. If you merely want to be seen at night, by all means...use the bicycle lights. BTW, can't turn on/off/adjust bicycle lights from the ground over bluetooth...another benefit of the LumeCubes.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials