Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Lost

Don Poteet

Reaction score
My EVO just took off on it's own today and never came home. I bought it new on ebay and Autel doesn't warrant them except thru authorized dealers. I'm just asking if you can pull up the flight logs from the remote as I was only using the display on the remote. I don't think you can but just thought I would ask.

Wow that sounds very strange indeed that it would just take off without any operator input.
The best people to ask if there is any info stored on the tx would be Autel support. The tech guys would know for sure.
What kind of environment did it take off to? Forest or city?
Not good for you but good to know Autel will not support Ebay sales for others considering it.
Sorry for the loss, hope something good will come of it.

I wasn't very clear about that. lol I had it in the air about 500 meters out and about 300 ft high and all of a sudden I just lost connection and could never get it back. I was in a strange wooded area so I would have no idea where it might be.

You may be able to pull the coordinates of the bird from the controller. Go to Settings/General/Show Aircraft Coordinates. The coordinates show up on the map.
No if you are using the built in display nothing will show up and you have no record of your flight at all. i wasn't aware of this or I never would have used just the display. It has to be connected before you can even go into settings.

Probably landed where it lost connection. I haven't seen a menu option for the EVO to RTH if connection loss or any other event.

The Evo gives you the option to set Rth to the takeoff point or you, hmm maybe to where the aircraft is, now I’m confused about it but the menu does give you an option in addition of Rth height setting. I believe you don’t need a tablet controller but the rc cen provide these settings

The Evo gives you the option to set Rth to the takeoff point or you, hmm maybe to where the aircraft is, now I’m confused about it but the menu does give you an option in addition of Rth height setting. I believe you don’t need a tablet controller but the rc cen provide these settings

If it works like the X-Star all settings are stored in the FC board. This is what the Autel tech told me when I had asked so for the EVO to just pick up and go it would have to be some very strong interference or a faulty GPS or compass. I would be leaning towards a faulty part.

Reactions: mixchief
I saw that option too, but it doesn't make sense.
The options are:

Me = Wherever I am standing or moving to a different location?
Aircraft = Take off point or where the aircraft is currently positioned in air?

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller