Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Lost my Evo II

A few weeks ago I had the misfortune of losing my Evo II 6k. Fortunately, I had it covered through State Farm and they paid for a replacement. I was traveling in AZ and flying around some mountains. I lost the connection to the drone and couldn't seem to get it to connect again. I'm new to the Evo, so I wasn't clear as to what happens when the signal is lost. I assumed it landed. I tried tracking the last location of the drone on the app, but since I was in the mountains, it seemed to be in an area which was inaccessible. I'm still not entirely clear as to what, if anything, I could have done after I lost the signal.
besides looking at your flight log/records on the Autel Explorer app (e.g. top right corner), you can use one of the tools/platforms such as Airdata. Setup a trial/free account, get your access key and add it to Autel Explorer, upload/sync your log(s). It may or may not show you more info in terms of where the aircraft was last recorded, however it may tell you why it disappeared. For example it would show power status and battery conditions, compass and GPS info, uplink/downlink signal quality, last known position among other info. See attached examples of the type of info that is collected in the logs.

Attachments

• POS_AirdataStatus_General_022221.png
    POS_AirdataStatus_General_022221.png
    906.7 KB · Views: 7
  • POS_AirdataStatus_Details_022221.png
    POS_AirdataStatus_Details_022221.png
    151.4 KB · Views: 7
  • POS_AirdataStatus_022221.png
    POS_AirdataStatus_022221.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 7
A couple of years back I use to see GPS tracking devices for $12.99 and they often said buy a few, maybe put one in your wife's purse too. Where are they now ? We are already being ripped off and absolutely to income.

• Haha
Reactions: PingSpike
A couple of years back I use to see GPS tracking devices for $12.99 and they often said buy a few, maybe put one in your wife's purse too. Where are they now ? We are already being ripped off and absolutely to income.
I remember those, too. but I think it was different type of tracker unlike the nicer ones we have today.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials