Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Lost Evo 2 pro 6K drone

Do as you see what is best, but I won't deal with DJI lack of customer service or should I say no service. Computer issues I had with their calibration program that took them nine months to fix for me and also the Geo Fencing? You seriously believe that DJI is better - Get real.

All drones have issues and alot on here cry foul and never once send their drone back to the factory and it starts to get a bit old. Alot cry wolf and dont do anything about it.

While my first drone is being repaired 100% free by Autel and my 2nd flies perfect I have no complaints. Customer Service has responded me to me 100% flawlessly. Yes when you are going through an issue it does seem like eternity but that expires shortly and reality sets in if you are level headed, clear thinking person. My 2 cents.

Stay with DJI and I wish you luck but DJI issues was enough for me to sell all my gear, 3 Phantom 4's (yes that's correct) and take the dollar hit and then take another hit with new Autel Evo 2 and Evo 2 Pro drones and all the goodies.
Well said Bob,

I have both Evo 2 Pro and Mavic 2 Pro, I’ll stay with Evo 2 even with the problems occasionally occurring. Problems are usually from firmware updates, Autel eventually fixes these issues.

My Mavic 2 Pro, probably should sell it it’s not being flown.

Paul

Reactions: Deleted member 6303
Do as you see what is best, but I won't deal with DJI lack of customer service or should I say no service. Computer issues I had with their calibration program that took them nine months to fix for me and also the Geo Fencing? You seriously believe that DJI is better - Get real.

All drones have issues and alot on here cry foul and never once send their drone back to the factory and it starts to get a bit old. Alot cry wolf and dont do anything about it.

While my first drone is being repaired 100% free by Autel and my 2nd flies perfect I have no complaints. Customer Service has responded me to me 100% flawlessly. Yes when you are going through an issue it does seem like eternity but that expires shortly and reality sets in if you are level headed, clear thinking person. My 2 cents.

Stay with DJI and I wish you luck but DJI issues was enough for me to sell all my gear, 3 Phantom 4's (yes that's correct) and take the dollar hit and then take another hit with new Autel Evo 2 and Evo 2 Pro drones and all the goodies.

Actually yes at the moment after reading these threads I do think DJI is better....I have owned or flown EVERY DJI model starting with the Phantom 2 except the Matrice series and never had a single problem with a single drone since 2014. Sure they have absolutely no customer service...but I've never once needed any. My only gripes were the P4's batteries swell within a yr which is an expensive replacement and now 2wks ago geofencing destroyed my Mavic Pro. Its easy to say people complain but don't send their drones back to the factory....but for most drone incidents its a total lost....there is nothing you can send back to the factory and all you can do is hope that it doesn't damage anything or hit anyone on the way down.

The only reason I got the EVO 2 was because I'm paranoid now that the next DJI drone will take a geofencing dive right over something less forgiving than the ocean. My main commercial use drone right now is the P4 and it flashes airspace warnings all the time; even after getting LAANC approval and even when I'm not in restricted airspace at all; fortunately I have not updated the P4's firmware in years so I don't think the version that it is running will force it to auto land but now I'm just not sure.

Of course there is no guarantee that Autel will not add geofencing at a later date, but for the moment Autel seems like it might be the lesser of two evils. I have absolutely 0 brand loyalty....I use whatever works and will not hesitate to switch to a different brand if the one I am with is not meeting my needs; since it's a forum I just thought I'd share my perspective on the matter and my own personal experience with DJI's products.

Out of all of the issues I've seen so far on this forum; the only one that really has me concerned is the battery issue where it shows that its full then drops to 5% in the middle of a flight; everything else seems like it can be worked through. I feel like DJI's geofencing system is only going to get more invasive so here's to hoping this Autel experiment ends well.

One October 3, 2020 I purchased an Evo 2 Pro 6K drone and updated both the firmware and the software before flight. I had made a number of flights during October and November until...December 11, 2020 when I flew the bird out over the Superstition Wilderness near Phoenix Arizona. I had flown out to a distance of two miles and was bringing the drone back home when suddenly all connection between the drone and remote was lost. At the time of the lost connection the drone was out slightly over 1 1/2 miles at and altitude of 200 feet and 22 minutes of flight time remaining. Subsequent attempts to connect with the drone failed. I have contacted Autel. They asked for my flight records...oddly neither the drone was recognized nor were there any flight records recorded. Autel tells me absent the drone or the flight records they will not warranty the drone.

Wait...this gets weirder...I repurchased another Evo 2 drone configured exactly like the lost drone. I flew it this morning. The drone is now recognized on my Evo Explorer app but again. No flight record is shown.. Considering my experience with Autel, at this point I could not in any way shape or form advise anyone to purchase what clearly is beset with lack of function (as advertised)...clearly Autel has problems with remote, drone or application or combinations thereof. I intend to overfly the area where the drone may have gone down. This is scrub brush, cactus and broken but relatively level terrain. If I can not find the crashed drone and if Autel persists in refusing to honor their warranty I intend to seek relief with appropriate authoritlies.
A few weeks ago I had the misfortune of losing my Evo II 6k. Fortunately, I had it covered through State Farm and they paid for a replacement. I was traveling in AZ and flying around some mountains. I lost the connection to the drone and couldn't seem to get it to connect again. I'm new to the Evo, so I wasn't clear as to what happens when the signal is lost. I assumed it landed. I tried tracking the last location of the drone on the app, but since I was in the mountains, it seemed to be in an area which was inaccessible. I'm still not entirely clear as to what, if anything, I could have done after I lost the signal.

A few weeks ago I had the misfortune of losing my Evo II 6k. Fortunately, I had it covered through State Farm and they paid for a replacement. I was traveling in AZ and flying around some mountains. I lost the connection to the drone and couldn't seem to get it to connect again. I'm new to the Evo, so I wasn't clear as to what happens when the signal is lost. I assumed it landed. I tried tracking the last location of the drone on the app, but since I was in the mountains, it seemed to be in an area which was inaccessible. I'm still not entirely clear as to what, if anything, I could have done after I lost the signal.
I do not know what may have happened in your case but in retrospect what happened in my case, again in mountains was the drone when signal is lost is supposed to return to home. The route home is the most direct line back to your launch point. If an obstacle is encountered that is taller than the return to home altitude, then the drone will hover until the battery is depleted. Do you have the last latitude and longitude positions in the flight record for the lost drone?

Very sorry for your loss but glad that you had insurance. I've flown around mountains in Utah and Washington and got some of my best aerial videos there. Are you going to purchase another E2P?
Loss of connection when you are away from civilization could be due to trees or other massive objects between you and the drone. Or, of course, exceeding the maximum range of the transmission. If it was cold, you could have experienced rapid battery voltage drop.

Update...my first lost Evo 2 pro was found by a hiker and through a series of events we made contact and my lost drone was returned. My second replacement drone, once again with no flight records recorded was lost subsequent to the recovery of my first drone. This time I had a tracker on the drone but absent latitude and longitude I was in a difficult position to know where to begin looking. Finally after three days of climbing mountains, skirting cactus and rattlesnakes we found the drone. If not for the tracker we would never have found it. In both cases the drones were undamaged. Finally I got in touch with a tech who was able to guide me to getting the Explorer app to record flight records. So all is good for now. I flew this morning and the drone performed flawlessly.,

Update...my first lost Evo 2 pro was found by a hiker and through a series of events we made contact and my lost drone was returned. My second replacement drone, once again with no flight records recorded was lost subsequent to the recovery of my first drone. This time I had a tracker on the drone but absent latitude and longitude I was in a difficult position to know where to begin looking. Finally after three days of climbing mountains, skirting cactus and rattlesnakes we found the drone. If not for the tracker we would never have found it. In both cases the drones were undamaged. Finally I got in touch with a tech who was able to guide me to getting the Explorer app to record flight records. So all is good for now. I flew this morning and the drone performed flawlessly.,
That’s great news! Congratulations finding the second lost Evo 2, definitely terrific news! If you don’t mind me asking, what type tracker are you using? Trackers are definitely needed, i use the Trackimo Guardia model. Its saved my bacon a few times, after a few occurrences you’ll be able to walk right up to the drone.

Congrats again!
Paul

Everything would be great if Autel had the revenue that Nikon and Sony have. But, even the big guys don't always get it right. Autel is a small company. Be patient and try to give them helpful feedback.
Autel is not a small company! They are huge. Their main business is automobile testing things. their drone division is smaller, yes, but the company is huge!

One October 3, 2020 I purchased an Evo 2 Pro 6K drone and updated both the firmware and the software before flight. I had made a number of flights during October and November until...December 11, 2020 when I flew the bird out over the Superstition Wilderness near Phoenix Arizona. I had flown out to a distance of two miles and was bringing the drone back home when suddenly all connection between the drone and remote was lost. At the time of the lost connection the drone was out slightly over 1 1/2 miles at and altitude of 200 feet and 22 minutes of flight time remaining. Subsequent attempts to connect with the drone failed. I have contacted Autel. They asked for my flight records...oddly neither the drone was recognized nor were there any flight records recorded. Autel tells me absent the drone or the flight records they will not warranty the drone.

Wait...this gets weirder...I repurchased another Evo 2 drone configured exactly like the lost drone. I flew it this morning. The drone is now recognized on my Evo Explorer app but again. No flight record is shown.. Considering my experience with Autel, at this point I could not in any way shape or form advise anyone to purchase what clearly is beset with lack of function (as advertised)...clearly Autel has problems with remote, drone or application or combinations thereof. I intend to overfly the area where the drone may have gone down. This is scrub brush, cactus and broken but relatively level terrain. If I can not find the crashed drone and if Autel persists in refusing to honor their warranty I intend to seek relief with appropriate authoritlies.
The fact that you flew two miles away was probably your main issue.
You should never fly beyond line of site. Why do you need to?
it’s also illegal!

The fact that you flew two miles away was probably your main issue.
You should never fly beyond line of site. Why do you need to?
it’s also illegal!

He/She could have had a VO which is BVLOS of the PIC but with a VO you can definitely extend your PIC VLOS. The distance itself should have nothing to do with losing the drone. Between the RTH feature and extensive obstacle avoidance features the distance should not be a problem. I have flown my EVO up to 5 miles away at 85' AGL with no problems; but I had a VO keep it in sight which is allowed under Part 107 regulations. You can use a VO in a car, boat, jetski, multiple VOs, etc. for as long as the batteries and range will allow.

FAA VLOS Summary
Visual line-of-sight (VLOS) only; the unmanned aircraft must remain within VLOS of the remote pilot in command and the person manipulating the flight controls of the small UAS. Alternatively, the unmanned aircraft must remain within VLOS of the visual observer.

All facts shown, in the end there wasn't one, so while that is educational it does nothing for the situation. Sad to say. AND Yes I agree with all that herein2021 stated but its no help here. You push the limits eventually you pay the piper!

He/She could have had a VO which is BVLOS of the PIC but with a VO you can definitely extend your PIC VLOS. The distance itself should have nothing to do with losing the drone. Between the RTH feature and extensive obstacle avoidance features the distance should not be a problem. I have flown my EVO up to 5 miles away at 85' AGL with no problems; but I had a VO keep it in sight which is allowed under Part 107 regulations. You can use a VO in a car, boat, jetski, multiple VOs, etc. for as long as the batteries and range will allow.

FAA VLOS Summary
Visual line-of-sight (VLOS) only; the unmanned aircraft must remain within VLOS of the remote pilot in command and the person manipulating the flight controls of the small UAS. Alternatively, the unmanned aircraft must remain within VLOS of the visual observer.
That's misleading for recreational pilots. Here's the rest of "Exception for limited recreational operations of unmanned aircraft" in 49 USC 44809 paragraph (a), subparagraph (3):
"The aircraft is flown within the visual line of sight
of the person operating the aircraft or a visual observer co-
located and in direct communication with the operator."
Note the word "co-located". That would not be a remote observer. Is Part 107 different?

That's misleading for recreational pilots. Here's the rest of "Exception for limited recreational operations of unmanned aircraft" in 49 USC 44809 paragraph (a), subparagraph (3):
"The aircraft is flown within the visual line of sight
of the person operating the aircraft or a visual observer co-
located and in direct communication with the operator."
Note the word "co-located". That would not be a remote observer. Is Part 107 different?
So from what I have learned as a 107 bubba I believe I can have spotters from here to China and the flight would be good. Anyone please correct me if wrong. Theoretically with the multi use remotes for Autel, you pass off the signal and let observer 2 fly then 3 etc. as well.

So from what I have learned as a 107 bubba I believe I can have spotters from here to China and the flight would be good. Anyone please correct me if wrong. Theoretically with the multi use remotes for Autel, you pass off the signal and let observer 2 fly then 3 etc. as well.

Here is the specific verbiage from the FAA. Section B item 2 is the part that seems to override the RPIC needing to see the UAS.

§107.31 Visual line of sight aircraft operation.

(a) With vision that is unaided by any device other than corrective lenses, the remote pilot in command, the visual observer (if one is used), and the person manipulating the flight control of the small unmanned aircraft system must be able to see the unmanned aircraft throughout the entire flight in order to:

(1) Know the unmanned aircraft's location;

(2) Determine the unmanned aircraft's attitude, altitude, and direction of flight;

(3) Observe the airspace for other air traffic or hazards; and

(4) Determine that the unmanned aircraft does not endanger the life or property of another.

(b) Throughout the entire flight of the small unmanned aircraft, the ability described in paragraph (a) of this section must be exercised by either:

(1) The remote pilot in command and the person manipulating the flight controls of the small unmanned aircraft system; or

(2) A visual observer.

But then if you go to the FAA Part 107 Summary it states:

At all times the small unmanned aircraft must remain close enough to the remote pilot in command and the person manipulating the flight controls of the small UAS for those people to be capable of seeing the aircraft with vision unaided by any device other than corrective lenses.

I started with Autel back in the "Evo 1" days. When the Evo 2 came out, I considered it. But then, ultimately rejected buying.
Why? Because almost the moment the Evo 2 was released, ALL support for the Evo 1 stopped (by support, I mean fixing bugs in the software that were in process).
This showed me clearly that Autel is not in the business of actually caring for their customers. They are doing the most expedient thing, which is USING their customers. The comments here reinforce that attitude, and Autel is showing what really matters to them.
Bottom line is to protect yourself and as soon as you see a pattern, quit apologizing for them. They really like fan boys - all the way to the bank. And the more fan boys there are, the longer they can ignore the complainers.

I had bought my Autel EVO 2 Pro 6K after being disgusted by my Typhoon H circling and going out of control and ripping apart the camera mounts.
The Autel EVO 2 Pro was flying well and I had trusted it, so I bought yet another one and did the same firmware update etc.
Was flying good but suddenly started circling and there was nothing we could do to control it and ended up crashing it against my home ! I just called B & H and asked to ship yet another one and returned the Bad One.

Sent a message to Autel about it but Never Heard Back from them.

Now this 3 rd newer one EVO 2 Pro 6K would not automatically do Gimbel balance on Firmware 2.518 no matter what but was flying Ok.
Then one day not too long back as I pressed Take off button it shoot to my right barely 16 to 26 inches on its own. All this time I'm holding the down button ( Left knob ) it rose up and crashed in to my neighbors home !

**--** Having the Propellers guards did help save the drone, " A Must "
When I called Autel and spoke to David and told him I lost my trust on the Drone and its a Killing Machine that goes out of control ! !
He offered to take it back for re-evaluation, I told him to replace the Propeller Guards and 4 damaged propeller, he refused as not being part of warranty.
He was suppose to send me a Questionnaire, I never heard from them ! !

We all heard about DJI customers service " Sucks "
How would you compare Autel service ?
**--** Good companies " under promise and over deliver " the battery only gives 32 to 33 minutes and 6 minutes before the end starts going home, Now that's 32 minutes minus 6 so the actual flying time is only 26 minutes not 40 !
**--** Don't you feel Autel owes us all with 3 to 4 batteries yet another battery as a gesture of " Good Will " for short changing us and cheating us !
**--** The Propeller guard needs to be beefed up a bit to make it stronger and included with the two or three battery kits .
**--** What a Shame Autel could not give us a 10 cent plastic piece to extend the remote to take on 7 inch LCD screen like this.
**--** I'm scared of even flying this drone, how would you feel after buying a new car and it brakes down on the way home, would you go for family vacation on that car, now ?
Autel I'm ASHAMED how you miss treaded us after buying and trusting your product.
If you agree then copy and paste !

Attachments

• 20210311_104547.jpg
    20210311_104547.jpg
    846.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Reactions: konoplya
I had bought my Autel EVO 2 Pro 6K after being disgusted by my Typhoon H circling and going out of control and ripping apart the camera mounts.
The Autel EVO 2 Pro was flying well and I had trusted it, so I bought yet another one and did the same firmware update etc.
Was flying good but suddenly started circling and there was nothing we could do to control it and ended up crashing it against my home ! I just called B & H and asked to ship yet another one and returned the Bad One.

Sent a message to Autel about it but Never Heard Back from them.

Now this 3 rd newer one EVO 2 Pro 6K would not automatically do Gimbel balance on Firmware 2.518 no matter what but was flying Ok.
Then one day not too long back as I pressed Take off button it shoot to my right barely 16 to 26 inches on its own. All this time I'm holding the down button ( Left knob ) it rose up and crashed in to my neighbors home !

**--** Having the Propellers guards did help save the drone, " A Must "
When I called Autel and spoke to David and told him I lost my trust on the Drone and its a Killing Machine that goes out of control ! !
He offered to take it back for re-evaluation, I told him to replace the Propeller Guards and 4 damaged propeller, he refused as not being part of warranty.
He was suppose to send me a Questionnaire, I never heard from them ! !

We all heard about DJI customers service " Sucks "
How would you compare Autel service ?
**--** Good companies " under promise and over deliver " the battery only gives 32 to 33 minutes and 6 minutes before the end starts going home, Now that's 32 minutes minus 6 so the actual flying time is only 26 minutes not 40 !
**--** Don't you feel Autel owes us all with 3 to 4 batteries yet another battery as a gesture of " Good Will "
**--** The Propeller guard needs to be beefed up a bit to make it stronger and included with the two or three battery kits .
**--** What a Shame Autel could not give us a 10 cent plastic piece to extend the remote to take on 7 inch LCD screen like this.
**--**I'm scared of even flying this drone, how would you feel after buying a new car and it brakes down on the way home, would you go for family vacation on that car, now ?
Wow, sorry to hear about your problems. Do you think any of the problems are associated with firmware version 2.5.18? I'm still on 2.5.11 with no issues.

Yes, don't update to 2.518 forget it, I waited for the 2.620 and now have it on both my EVO 2 Pro 6K but still the automatic Gimbel will not calibrate as of now.
Having the propeller guards are very important to protect yourself, others and the Drone, too.

Reactions: Rubik3x

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials