Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Lost Evo 2 pro 6K drone

Just like failed sports team fans
say...maybe next FW release huh?

Tell me this isn't detailed enough. As a professional 107 flier this is my maintenance log as all are supposed to do. Autel knows it. Attached

Attachments

• Maintenance Log Book - Copy.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 24
And is my work attached for any member that so desires it. I put my heart and soul into this project. Hope it helps

Attachments

• Maintenance Manual - Autel Evo II.pdf
    3.6 MB · Views: 18
What type of phone are you using? I use a Samsung Galaxy S8 and:
1. Heights of less than 0m are not recorded - so flying down a waterfall, for example, does not allow the flight to be logged properly, which is an issue when Autel wants to know what is going on if you have a problem. They ask for flight logs but if the flights logs are not recorded properly then there is nothing for them to act upon. Its a beautiful Catch 22 (if you have ever read that book);

2. I upload all my logs to the Autel cloud but despite giving them the log in password they are unable to access and so they think that there are no logs, but I can see them on my phone.

3. If I update my phone software all the logs on the phone disappear and if I try to download them from the cloud they are not there.

I have recorded all the above using a screen shot app so that I can prove to Autel what is (not) happening.

This has been going on for 6 months. Never once has any of the 3 folks who have replied to my emails ever had the courtesy to say 'you seem to have an issue'.

Losing the drone is a major bummer. Having no record of what went wrong to support your case is a tragedy. I am yet to be convinced that the Explorer software works with all phones, despite them meeting the requirements set out on the website and yes, I am aware that some phones have been tested (not sure what that means exactly) and others haven't.

Tell me this isn't detailed enough. As a professional 107 flier this is my maintenance log as all are supposed to do. Autel knows it. Attached
Great maintenance log. I keep a similar log sheet for each flight with details of the settings, flight plan and results. So far, my E2P has been a joy.
But, you're right, as a recreational flyer, I'm in no position to criticize those who fly for income and are having problems. I hope you can successfully work through your issues with Autel.

Great maintenance log. I keep a similar log sheet for each flight with details of the settings, flight plan and results. So far, my E2P has been a joy.
But, you're right, as a recreational flyer, I'm in no position to criticize those who fly for income and are having problems. I hope you can successfully work through your issues with Autel.
I appreciate that, wasn't trying to make it personal bro, but DJI cost me thousands about 15K in drones and gear and no support then i boot all and sold it all for 1000.00 go figure, Drop 4550 into this and made 5 flights total and 1 was work while the others were performing test. I really do value all of the help on this website, just didn't think it would this much! I am also adding to the Manual for Maintenance with the Tripletek monitor, once completed later today I will upload it as it my savior with bits and pieces from here, You Tube and others all helping each other. Would hate to send it back when someone says . .. . . .. did you turn it on and I go . . . . ugh no??

What type of phone are you using? I use a Samsung Galaxy S8 and:
1. Heights of less than 0m are not recorded - so flying down a waterfall, for example, does not allow the flight to be logged properly, which is an issue when Autel wants to know what is going on if you have a problem. They ask for flight logs but if the flights logs are not recorded properly then there is nothing for them to act upon. Its a beautiful Catch 22 (if you have ever read that book);

2. I upload all my logs to the Autel cloud but despite giving them the log in password they are unable to access and so they think that there are no logs, but I can see them on my phone.

3. If I update my phone software all the logs on the phone disappear and if I try to download them from the cloud they are not there.

I have recorded all the above using a screen shot app so that I can prove to Autel what is (not) happening.

This has been going on for 6 months. Never once has any of the 3 folks who have replied to my emails ever had the courtesy to say 'you seem to have an issue'.

Losing the drone is a major bummer. Having no record of what went wrong to support your case is a tragedy. I am yet to be convinced that the Explorer software works with all phones, despite them meeting the requirements set out on the website and yes, I am aware that some phones have been tested (not sure what that means exactly) and others haven't.
Using the iPhone 11 and also the Tripletek T7121 Pro tablet, so Android and iOS. You appear to be conscientious and applying attention to detail and it will pay off in the end, I haven't made enough flights to prove or disprove my records but I can say that 2 never showed up. My logs are all now entered manually and due to the heavy airspace where I live in South Florida it helps showing I have clearance BUT that by itself doesn't meant he drone was launched. Catch 22 again. They meaning Autel might have closed out your claim. Buyer Beware I perform drone flights of homes that were damaged and work with ALOT of huge, lawyers as we sue the Insurance Carriers for damages. I win my cases through detailed paperwork, photo documentation, video and close up work. It is the only way to win. YOU NEED TO COPY ALL EMAILS AND IF YOU MUST SEND TO AUTEL THOSE VIA REGISTERED US MAIL, RETURN RECEIPT REQUESTED WITH LETTER STATING WHAT IS GOING ON? AS YOU WILL NOW HAVE PROOF THEY HAVE THE GOODS. IT ELIMINATES SUDDEN CASES OF AMNESIA ! THEY MUST SIGN AND US POST OFFICE RETURN TO YOU THE SIGNED RECEIPT.

Reactions: Miteehigh
Many issues might be caused by your tablet or phone device, try only flying from the built in display and see if this improves your performance. if this works better than you need to look at App software issues, wifi, bluetooth disabling. otherwise use a crystal sky monitor as it has no connectivity to it, just a big bright screen with no software apps to cause you trouble

Many issues might be caused by your tablet or phone device, try only flying from the built in display and see if this improves your performance. if this works better than you need to look at App software issues, wifi, bluetooth disabling. otherwise use a crystal sky monitor as it has no connectivity to it, just a big bright screen with no software apps to cause you trouble
Been there and done that, but your thinking . . . . keep the words of help coming! iOS, Android, Tripltek Pro T71721 got them all and all - she is a dead bird.

Attachments

• 12-14-2020 - View Issue (10).JPG
    12-14-2020 - View Issue (10).JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 8
  • 12.26.20 - Video Disconnect Issue (2).JPG
    12.26.20 - Video Disconnect Issue (2).JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 8
  • 12.25.20 Issues (15).JPG
    12.25.20 Issues (15).JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 8
  • 12-14-2020 - View Issue (4).JPG
    12-14-2020 - View Issue (4).JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 8
So sorry to hear of your troubles with your E2P! I could not imagine spending what I did on the aircraft and all the extras ($3K) and then lose it or have it crash and have to send it back for repairs. I have the most current firmware (.18) and do not have any issues. I had to resync all of my flight records but everything is still there. I purchased mine in July from an authorized dealer they have listed on their website( K&R) and have never had a problem with any of the firmware updates or anything else. I am blessed to have purchased one with no problems.

One October 3, 2020 I purchased an Evo 2 Pro 6K drone and updated both the firmware and the software before flight. I had made a number of flights during October and November until...December 11, 2020 when I flew the bird out over the Superstition Wilderness near Phoenix Arizona. I had flown out to a distance of two miles and was bringing the drone back home when suddenly all connection between the drone and remote was lost. At the time of the lost connection the drone was out slightly over 1 1/2 miles at and altitude of 200 feet and 22 minutes of flight time remaining. Subsequent attempts to connect with the drone failed. I have contacted Autel. They asked for my flight records...oddly neither the drone was recognized nor were there any flight records recorded. Autel tells me absent the drone or the flight records they will not warranty the drone.

Wait...this gets weirder...I repurchased another Evo 2 drone configured exactly like the lost drone. I flew it this morning. The drone is now recognized on my Evo Explorer app but again. No flight record is shown.. Considering my experience with Autel, at this point I could not in any way shape or form advise anyone to purchase what clearly is beset with lack of function (as advertised)...clearly Autel has problems with remote, drone or application or combinations thereof. I intend to overfly the area where the drone may have gone down. This is scrub brush, cactus and broken but relatively level terrain. If I can not find the crashed drone and if Autel persists in refusing to honor their warranty I intend to seek relief with appropriate authoritlies.
Hi

I recently installed AirData which is a bit of a revelation. Not only did I find a lot of flight logs on my phone but I as able to see flights that disappeared off the Explorer flight log.

AirData shows all sorts of telemetry readings from the drone that Explorer doesn't seem to do (at least not the one I have).

Give it a go and see if you can find your drone

Reactions: Miteehigh
An update to my lost drone...a hiker found my lost drone on the side of a mountain in the wilderness I was videoing. Thank goodness for his honesty. He joined another forum and posted he had found an Evo 2 pro drone and I was able to connect with him. The drone was undamaged. The video shows the drone lost connection and continued to fly until it approached a cliff after which it hovered until the battery depleted and it self landed. Autel does have a problem in that the drone does not have the range they advertise, the drone does lose connectivity for no reason and the flight recording in Explorer is totally lacking. I will mount Marco Polo on this drone as well. I do not trust Autel any longer.

The DEAD 6 K was shipped UPS overnight to Autel with Insurance for 188.00, Will be there Monday in the meantime I bought an 8 K with all the cookies and cream as I cant go without a drone for work, (Cheaper to buy another drone than lose that income) SAYS Made in China! Update and it fly's like a champ so in the end I now have my back up. Hopefully the repair will be fixed soon on the sister drone! EXP settings and sensitivity rates adjusted and flies like the DJI P4, Tripltek works flawlessly as well. And Support has been very good with me so far!

Last edited by a moderator:
One October 3, 2020 I purchased an Evo 2 Pro 6K drone and updated both the firmware and the software before flight. I had made a number of flights during October and November until...December 11, 2020 when I flew the bird out over the Superstition Wilderness near Phoenix Arizona. I had flown out to a distance of two miles and was bringing the drone back home when suddenly all connection between the drone and remote was lost. At the time of the lost connection the drone was out slightly over 1 1/2 miles at and altitude of 200 feet and 22 minutes of flight time remaining. Subsequent attempts to connect with the drone failed. I have contacted Autel. They asked for my flight records...oddly neither the drone was recognized nor were there any flight records recorded. Autel tells me absent the drone or the flight records they will not warranty the drone.

Wait...this gets weirder...I repurchased another Evo 2 drone configured exactly like the lost drone. I flew it this morning. The drone is now recognized on my Evo Explorer app but again. No flight record is shown.. Considering my experience with Autel, at this point I could not in any way shape or form advise anyone to purchase what clearly is beset with lack of function (as advertised)...clearly Autel has problems with remote, drone or application or combinations thereof. I intend to overfly the area where the drone may have gone down. This is scrub brush, cactus and broken but relatively level terrain. If I can not find the crashed drone and if Autel persists in refusing to honor their warranty I intend to seek relief with appropriate authoritlies.
Superstition Mountains is known for the Lost Dutchman mines. There's many stories of many people getting lost in those mountains since magnetic compasses can get confused with the metals in the ground.

Flying beyond your eyes line of sight is irresponsible, if you're going to fly far you should get a range extender.

Fly responsibly...

Reactions: autel-myst
Superstition Mountains is known for the Lost Dutchman mines. There's many stories of many people getting lost in those mountains since magnetic compasses can get confused with the metals in the ground.

Flying beyond your eyes line of sight is irresponsible, if you're going to fly far you should get a range extender.

Fly responsibly...
My problem was not caused due to the BVLOS and my drone never leaves a 250 foot circle from my location as I only fly professionally and perform building Inspections, I have no intentions to fly if she isn't making money. So BVLOS for me makes no sense and I cant understand why folks want to take chance losing a drone? Someone needs to fill me in on why they do that? Do ya think this is one of the reasons we have Remote ID coming! FAA isn't that stupid.

My problem was not caused due to the BVLOS and my drone never leaves a 250 foot circle from my location as I only fly professionally and perform building Inspections, I have no intentions to fly if she isn't making money. So BVLOS for me makes no sense and I cant understand why folks want to take chance losing a drone? Someone needs to fill me in on why they do that? Do ya think this is one of the reasons we have Remote ID coming! FAA isn't that stupid.
This thread has me dreading the arrival of my first EVO 2 purchase. I have been flying DJI drones professionally for my business since 2014......not once did I ever have a single one of these issues. The only reason I bought the EVO 2 was because two weeks ago DJI's geofencing got the location wrong and suddenly force landed my Mavic Pro into the ocean with absolutely no way for me to take back control; but even that sounds like a walk in the park compared to the issues on this forum.

I may send back my entire purchase ($2500 rugged kit), and instead buy another Mavic Pro and apply the no limit drones geo fence unlocking tool to it.

Do as you see what is best, but I won't deal with DJI lack of customer service or should I say no service. Computer issues I had with their calibration program that took them nine months to fix for me and also the Geo Fencing? You seriously believe that DJI is better - Get real.

All drones have issues and alot on here cry foul and never once send their drone back to the factory and it starts to get a bit old. Alot cry wolf and dont do anything about it.

While my first drone is being repaired 100% free by Autel and my 2nd flies perfect I have no complaints. Customer Service has responded me to me 100% flawlessly. Yes when you are going through an issue it does seem like eternity but that expires shortly and reality sets in if you are level headed, clear thinking person. My 2 cents.

Stay with DJI and I wish you luck but DJI issues was enough for me to sell all my gear, 3 Phantom 4's (yes that's correct) and take the dollar hit and then take another hit with new Autel Evo 2 and Evo 2 Pro drones and all the goodies.

Reactions: Waldo Pepper

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials