Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Lost Evo 2 pro 6K drone

Miteehigh

Reaction score
One October 3, 2020 I purchased an Evo 2 Pro 6K drone and updated both the firmware and the software before flight. I had made a number of flights during October and November until...December 11, 2020 when I flew the bird out over the Superstition Wilderness near Phoenix Arizona. I had flown out to a distance of two miles and was bringing the drone back home when suddenly all connection between the drone and remote was lost. At the time of the lost connection the drone was out slightly over 1 1/2 miles at and altitude of 200 feet and 22 minutes of flight time remaining. Subsequent attempts to connect with the drone failed. I have contacted Autel. They asked for my flight records...oddly neither the drone was recognized nor were there any flight records recorded. Autel tells me absent the drone or the flight records they will not warranty the drone.

Wait...this gets weirder...I repurchased another Evo 2 drone configured exactly like the lost drone. I flew it this morning. The drone is now recognized on my Evo Explorer app but again. No flight record is shown.. Considering my experience with Autel, at this point I could not in any way shape or form advise anyone to purchase what clearly is beset with lack of function (as advertised)...clearly Autel has problems with remote, drone or application or combinations thereof. I intend to overfly the area where the drone may have gone down. This is scrub brush, cactus and broken but relatively level terrain. If I can not find the crashed drone and if Autel persists in refusing to honor their warranty I intend to seek relief with appropriate authoritlies.

Reactions: konoplya
you should have wrote down the last gps coords that are displayed on the screen, then you would have a better idea where its at.
enter the coords into an old GPS Nav unit and walk to your location , send up another drone to look around.

is there any millitary contractors or Rand D facillities around Like Toyota or something similar nearby, they could have jammed you signal and gps signal so all it could do is land and not go home..

i've been jammed by Petroleum , and mill contractors before so I know the feeling, fortunatly they didnt jam GPS and the bird came home

Sorry for your loss. From my experience at long distance line of sight is must have. It's not optional, and if there is an something in between connection will break. I had it several times, RTH worked and saved the bird. Second thing to keep in mind is that connection is better at high altitude and worst low to the ground even with direct line of sight. Orientation of the drone relative to the remote, and remote relative to the drone also affects the connection. In case like this, lost connection I would try to get to the last location. Run/drive with remote ON if needed.

PS: it really sucks to loose the drone while you are doing everything right. Welcome to "lost my drone" club. Interesting, there are many people who either lost their drones, or have a friend/neighbor who did. This stops others from buying. I personally think I lost the money the day I bought the drone. It cannot get any worst, only better. It pays back with the videos and fun.

Sorry you have so many issues, I also have had many issues and little fly time due to Autel Issues. I cant prove what I am writing but just follow the threads on this site. They came out with a new update 3 days ago and look at all of the problems. I will give them a shot but to be honest I think they are failing and we are all being played until they fix it or go broke. Remember X Dynamics? Drone looked and was allegedly awesome now , where is there one that fly's?? Hope I am wrong because I am up to my neck in cash on this Autel investment and guess what, mine has to go back to them and I pay shipping, they got us all by the stones and we are helpless.

Sorry you have so many issues, I also have had many issues and little fly time due to Autel Issues. I cant prove what I am writing but just follow the threads on this site. They came out with a new update 3 days ago and look at all of the problems. I will give them a shot but to be honest I think they are failing and we are all being played until they fix it or go broke. Remember X Dynamics? Drone looked and was allegedly awesome now , where is there one that fly's?? Hope I am wrong because I am up to my neck in cash on this Autel investment and guess what, mine has to go back to them and I pay shipping, they got us all by the stones and we are helpless.
I flew my latest Evo2 Pro yesterday morning after loading the latest firmware and app updates. Once again no flight record recorded. Video recorded but still images were missing when I uploaded to my computer. Thomas asked for proof of purchase for both drones and no response... to be fair I understand with the holiday. I want what they advertise both insofar as performance and warranty. When their app does not record flight records and a lost drone can not be provided then their request is unreasonable. I will not let this drop. They do not want the heat I can bring to bear.

Reactions: timgangloff
I flew my latest Evo2 Pro yesterday morning after loading the latest firmware and app updates. Once again no flight record recorded. Video recorded but still images were missing when I uploaded to my computer. Thomas asked for proof of purchase for both drones and no response... to be fair I understand with the holiday. I want what they advertise both insofar as performance and warranty. When their app does not record flight records and a lost drone can not be provided then their request is unreasonable. I will not let this drop. They do not want the heat I can bring to bear.
I actually encourage the heat, they are having a lot of issues and the fan boys arent baking us up. Maybe the fan boys would like to meet and swap their drone for mine. Any takers?

Yes. I am beyond frustrated with this thing myself as well. I have owned my E2P since March and have had a laundry list of issues with mine as well. I also have had it in once already for warranty issues and had to pay shipping to Washington too. What a crock! It took 5 wks to finally have it back in my hands. Every firmware release has been riddled with issues and some issues have yet to be fixed, such as the flight log issues that still persist after several firmware updates. Some people say.....you’re gonna have issues with any sorta technology. Uhhhh...no. This should’ve been sorted out prior to releasing this damn thing. Nikon or Sony do not release cameras and lenses that do not work and expect you to test them in the field so they know. Autel just released the beta firmware for the latest update and then released it as “official” just a few days later. Great beta program! This thing should be called “Autel Beta Bird” since we are their Research & Development team. It doesn’t even seem like they test out their own software prior to releasing it. If I can find issues with just one flight, how come someone from Autel can’t!

Agreed and at first I was sympathetic to it all and all the while I am played like a pawn in the field. Took a beating selling all of My DJI and all the expense of this and I went all out. 4550 all out, multiples of all and only to have it sit and wait. Merry Damn Christmas

Reactions: Miteehigh
One October 3, 2020 I purchased an Evo 2 Pro 6K drone and updated both the firmware and the software before flight. I had made a number of flights during October and November until...December 11, 2020 when I flew the bird out over the Superstition Wilderness near Phoenix Arizona. I had flown out to a distance of two miles and was bringing the drone back home when suddenly all connection between the drone and remote was lost. At the time of the lost connection the drone was out slightly over 1 1/2 miles at and altitude of 200 feet and 22 minutes of flight time remaining. Subsequent attempts to connect with the drone failed. I have contacted Autel. They asked for my flight records...oddly neither the drone was recognized nor were there any flight records recorded. Autel tells me absent the drone or the flight records they will not warranty the drone.

Wait...this gets weirder...I repurchased another Evo 2 drone configured exactly like the lost drone. I flew it this morning. The drone is now recognized on my Evo Explorer app but again. No flight record is shown.. Considering my experience with Autel, at this point I could not in any way shape or form advise anyone to purchase what clearly is beset with lack of function (as advertised)...clearly Autel has problems with remote, drone or application or combinations thereof. I intend to overfly the area where the drone may have gone down. This is scrub brush, cactus and broken but relatively level terrain. If I can not find the crashed drone and if Autel persists in refusing to honor their warranty I intend to seek relief with appropriate authoritlies.
Although not being able to address the lack of a flight record or partial record flying at that distance could you even see it ? could it have collided with a bird or something ?

Reactions: MNT DRONE SOLUTIONS
Seems like a must have, not an optional accessory.
Have you ever had to put it to the test in an actual loss situation?
i don’t use a Marco Polo Tracker, but do use a Trackimo Guardian tracker.

Although never had an missing Evo 2 situation, but have had several other drone incidents not returning to launch area. Lost a couple of Bebop 2, then purchased Trackimo tracker, now currently using the Guardian model and since using Trackimo it’s saved several drones guiding me to its location.

it’s cheap insurance, the initial purchase may be costly ($199.99)and you get one year free service but afterwards I just pay a yearly fee ($60 bucks) for it’s service. Use Trackimo Guardian on all my drones, range is worldwide.

Sorry for your loss, it’s happened to many of use including myself.

You may want to consider getting a tracker, I use one on all my drones including Evo 2 Pro. After loosing two Bebop 2 each modified, the small investment of a tracker far outweighs the small investment of a good tracker.

Something to ponder on, you’ll never loose another drone.

Good luck,
Paul

Reactions: MNT DRONE SOLUTIONS
This should’ve been sorted out prior to releasing this damn thing. Nikon or Sony do not release cameras and lenses that do not work and expect you to test them in the field so they know.
Everything would be great if Autel had the revenue that Nikon and Sony have. But, even the big guys don't always get it right. Autel is a small company. Be patient and try to give them helpful feedback.

Everything would be great if Autel had the revenue that Nikon and Sony have. But, even the big guys don't always get it right. Autel is a small company. Be patient and try to give them helpful feedback.
Be patient?? maybe yourself or Autel will supplement my income with the failed drone I have. As if these failures were the first update that was ever out. Always a different beast when the shoe is on the other foot. I can not accept what you say. While it does sound nice and politically correct it isn't you suffering if the drone is dead and your income depends on it. I am not trying to be mean or pounce but lets think before we speak out of turn.

Autel isn’t a small company. They produce a ton of automotive products, computer diagnostic products, drones, etc. The guy running Autel is worth $2 billion! Autel is choosing to run Autel Robotics on the cheap and it shows. The big guys do get things wrong on occasion....not every firmware release like Autel. My patience has worn thin with a drone that has continuous problems time after time.

Autel isn’t a small company. They produce a ton of automotive products, computer diagnostic products, drones, etc. The guy running Autel is worth $2 billion! Autel is choosing to run Autel Robotics on the cheap and it shows. The big guys do get things wrong on occasion....not every firmware release like Autel. My patience has worn thin with a drone that has continuous problems time after time.
As if I said it my myself well done Cicero!

Be patient?? maybe yourself or Autel will supplement my income with the failed drone I have. As if these failures were the first update that was ever out. Always a different beast when the shoe is on the other foot. I can not accept what you say. While it does sound nice and politically correct it isn't you suffering if the drone is dead and your income depends on it. I am not trying to be mean or pounce but lets think before we speak out of turn.
Preach it! Time after time and people are still okay with it. It’s not an occasional issue or bug! It’s been continuos since day one! The damn thing was delayed due to a “software bug” and it didn’t have the advertised 10bit just until a few fw releases! The guys at Autel denied it and didn’t even know it wasn’t producing 10bit for Christ’s sake!

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials