Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Looks like they made v2.0.12 firmware update! the official release

Nothing has changed from the beta according to Autel other then it now being the Officially release.
Big deal, but now at least they can get that SDK out to the developers.

Here is my opinion on this official release. Autel has just given up. They do not have the resources in personnel to get it right. Some of us who have a few years flying UAV's can tell you this firmware is nowhere near where it should be.
Hopefully the 3rd party guys can make something good out of this.

Here is my opinion on this official release. Autel has just given up. They do not have the resources in personnel to get it right. Some of us who have a few years flying UAV's can tell you this firmware is nowhere near where it should be.
Hopefully the 3rd party guys can make something good out of this.

I'm glad to see Autel finally decided to make one of the beta versions an official release...I'm currently upgrading to 2.0.12 right now! My turn to be optimistic for a change...I'm going to take a leap of faith and assume that Autel will still continue to improve the firmware and have additional updates (maybe betas) become available in the future to address some of the lingering squawks (ie, the orbit jerkiness some folks are still noticing, etc). For me, this is exactly what I was hoping for - get an official release on the board so commercial users can take advantage of the improvements that have been made. Let's face it, no firmware is ever going to be perfect (no knock on Autel, that goes for all equipment out there made by anyone), so it really wouldn't have been right to continue the perpetual stream of beta versions under the guise of seeking perfection without any official releases along the way. Keep in mind, as a commercial user complying with Autel's terms of use, I was stuck utilizing firmware that's well over a year old and missing out on the vastly improved yaw performance that's been available for months now.

Overall, I'm quite pleased - and it got released just in time for 3 new jobs I've got on the slate for tomorrow :)

No differences between beta 2.0.12 and official release. It is just strange.

it's time to move to the dark side. DJI, you are not that much, but that's all we have. X-Star will remain expensive toy without correctly working Yaw (yes, both my devices crashed when I try to enter EXP in menu and Autel support just recommend me to buy another device instead of correcting error in app) and without 1' camera. If Autel issue SDK I'll try to develop my own app but I clearly understand that result of my development can easily kill the bird.

Not strange at all. Why would there be a difference between beta (in testing) and final (testing completed)? If there were changes, then that would require another beta.

Sorry for my English!

After quick flight with fresh side wind gimbal try to maintain horizontal position but stuck in skew position. And still left in skew position until rebooting of X-Star. Very disappointing when shooting wedding at the edge of water. Too cold to ask people to wait and start again and again.

Please...no apologies necessary. ;)

But I do wish I knew what your complaint is. I think the camera isn't level? Is it possible you have the camera on FPV instead of Stable? I did that today by mistake somehow on mine. Might want to double check yours is set to 'Stable'.

Damn. Do you have a video of the issue that you can post? This is from today when the camera was on FPV instead of Stable.

MAX_0015.JPG

In FPV mode camera follow tilting of drone. In my case camera always tilt and stuck on one side (left). I used FPV mode twice this spring and never turn it on from that time.

No video. If this problem repeat I'll record video. In my region first snow fall and views not good for shooting - very dirty. So I have a break in flights.

Alexey,
I had what appears to be a similar problem. Not only was the horizon slanted but I when I yawed the horizon would just tilt more. I even had the landing bar show a couple of times. What finally cleared it for me was Autel sending me a new camera/gimbal along with a shipping ticket to return the 'bad' one. I have and always used the stable setting and have and am using the 2.x firmware.
Have you contacted Autel?... they wanted me to send them a sample of the video before the exchange was made.

I can't contact Autel because I am in zone where X-Star drones not sell officially. I bought it on Ebay from China. So I have no rights for service maintenance.

Is it possible to search ebay for Autel parts. Perhaps you can just buy another camera/gimbal? Also, places like Amazon, NewEgg, B&H, BestBuy etc. might possibly sell just the parts. Finally, have you tried to replace parts using the: The Autel Robotics X-Star series small parts replacement kit that came with the XSP? It should contain gimbal pins (2), gimbal dampeners (4) , landing gear feet (4), one wiring harness, and one motor wrench. Autel has a video on how to replace the dampeners. (Can't you even buy stuff from Autel)? X-Star Series Small Parts Replacement Kit

It is rare problem (1 flight from 10) just on strong wind. I plan to wait 1' camera and if it will be not developed - go to DJI. Autel lost too much time and they must show heroic efforts to catch up current development level of DJI.
I love pumpkin but I need to produce quality content and I can't do it with current state of equipment (I'm all about the new promised in 2016 1' camera) and software (bug with EXP).

Thank you for advice about replacement kit. I'll inspect drone later and may be find anything criminal )))

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Earl