Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Look out EVO

Dji 1" sensor on the p4a runs $1200....so if the mavic2 with a 1"comes in around that, I agree the evo is not what I would probably get. That being said, I do like the built in screen on the evo controller. If its actually functional for the different flight modes, that might set it apart enough. Im a bit tired of the app merry_go_round with dji mapping...and the constant go4 updating. We were ready to jump on magic air fly more combos, and I was researching what tablets work best...then found out waypoint flying was yanked as a flight mode by dji for the Air....now we are holding till that's sorted out...maybe evo will come out and get reviewed by spring....

Keep in mind, the Mavic Air is not a competitor to the EVO should it come out. The Mavic Air is not a competitor to the Mavic Pro/Platinum either. It is a new entry with a different target market. It closest competitor is the Spark.

In the Mavic Air community there are lots of people that have them now and 4 things keep popping up:
1- The photos are out of focus on the edges and soft.
2- There is no adjusting wheel for exposure on the tx controller
3- bad vibration from the motors till they warm up in cold weather.
4- No waypoints
I'm sure there are more but these seem to be the most common ones.
It is really to bad the beta testers that got theirs before anyone else did not say anything bad about them.

In the Mavic Air community there are lots of people that have them now and 4 things keep popping up:
1- The photos are out of focus on the edges and soft.
2- There is no adjusting wheel for exposure on the tx controller
3- bad vibration from the motors till they warm up in cold weather.
4- No waypoints
I'm sure there are more but these seem to be the most common ones.
It is really to bad the beta testers that got theirs before anyone else did not say anything bad about them.
My photos seem to be OK. I didn't expect an exposure wheel, I expected a Spark-like controller, and it is. I have flown here in the cold (teens) and it is fine, no shakes. I have seen many who do have it. I suggest a 'cold calibration' for those folks. Waypoints could be an issue for some but not for me, not sure they ever promised that anyways.

Some of the photos I have seen do look acceptable, would be hard for anyone to find anything wrong with them but others I have seen are just washed out soft edges. On the other hand 90% of the videos I have watched are excellent. Very sharp and nice color grading right from the camera.

yeah, I gotta say the Mavic Air is pretty amazing, I have most DJI drones and will likely be purchasing the Evo as it looks promising, but I will say the Airs video is pretty amazing!

Dji 1" sensor on the p4a runs $1200....so if the mavic2 with a 1"comes in around that, I agree the evo is not what I would probably get. That being said, I do like the built in screen on the evo controller. If its actually functional for the different flight modes, that might set it apart enough. Im a bit tired of the app merry_go_round with dji mapping...and the constant go4 updating. We were ready to jump on magic air fly more combos, and I was researching what tablets work best...then found out waypoint flying was yanked as a flight mode by dji for the Air....now we are holding till that's sorted out...maybe evo will come out and get reviewed by spring....

Can say really nothing about the performance issues of any DJI products.. To me ALL DJI products are flawed by one factor and everyone who has ever shopped drones knows what it is.... I will stick with AR....

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fischcrazy