Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Litchi with Evo?

Litchi is strickly DJI. The only way is if Autel opens up the SDK to 3rd parties that are interested in it. From what has been said Litchi is not interested in the small market that Autel has as R&D costs a lot of money and their profit would not be as large but who knows they might have changed their minds but first Autel needs to get things moving in the right direction by releasing the SDK

Reactions: Ansia
Litchi is strickly DJI. The only way is if Autel opens up the APK to 3rd parties that are interested in it. From what has been said Litchi is not interested in the small market that Autel has as R&D costs a lot of money and their profit would not be as large but who knows they might have changed their minds but first Autel needs to get things moving in the right direction by releasing the APK
It will be cool if they release it. I already own litchi and a Mavic Pro Platinum. Bought my Evo a few weeks ago.

Litchi is strickly DJI. The only way is if Autel opens up the SDK to 3rd parties that are interested in it. From what has been said Litchi is not interested in the small market that Autel has as R&D costs a lot of money and their profit would not be as large but who knows they might have changed their minds but first Autel needs to get things moving in the right direction by releasing the SDK

Super frustrating that Autel isn't releasing the SDK. Having the SDK out there for developers would most likely answer all those requests for extra features. And although Litchi may not be interested in the Evo, there are all kinds of independent developers who would take up the challenge. I beta tested an app for a smaller drone market than the Evo, and that app had most, if not all of the special features requested in this thread. Does the Explorer app have some secret sauce that Autel is afraid to let out of the bag? Puzzling, because the Explorer app is on the lower end of functionality when it comes to this class of drones. In my mind, giving the Evo increased capability by releasing the SDK would make it more marketable.

Reactions: Mdpenney
just isnt going to happen. They are not going to release the SDK.

I bet the reason why has more to do with thier customer service. Like Appple proved, if you control the user experience, you control your success. With 3rd party apps, they would have to start being like DJI and denying warranty claims and such.

In regard to some of the requested flight modes, the same can be true. Yes the Evo could physically do them, but is it to the level other products can? In today’s viral marketing world, the last thing any company wants to do is push out a feature that only kind of works. Or allows the sdk out for a third party to do the same.

While I have my laundry list of things I would like, I am happy for what they gave us, with no promises of more.

As far as the SDK is concerned there was a post on here a few days ago about mapping. The OP posted the return email from Autel customer support stating they have sent out a Beta SDK to several mapping sites in hopes to get the EVO as one of their platforms. So yes they have started to get the SDK out there even if it is just in Beta form.

Reactions: Ansia
As far as the SDK is concerned there was a post on here a few days ago about mapping. The OP posted the return email from Autel customer support stating they have sent out a Beta SDK to several mapping sites in hopes to get the EVO as one of their platforms. So yes they have started to get the SDK out there even if it is just in Beta form.
At least that's a positive start.

I wasn't OP, but I'm here~

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Autel released the SDK. Litchi will not work with it. DJI would can their use licensing.

Autel released the SDK. Litchi will not work with it. DJI would can their use licensing.

While I wouldn't put that past DJI I don't think they would. Why? DJI is in a position where they could be targeted by the government (much like Apple, Microsoft, or Google have been). Doing something that is so blatantly anti-competitive in an area where they are the marketshare leader (and it isn't even close) would be a poor decision on DJI's part.

I have no idea why you would even think that DJI can do anything about another company that might get Litchi support. They have nothing to do with VC Technology Ltd and only copy some of the Litchi autonomous features to their goApp because Litchi does it better then they ever could.

While I wouldn't put that past DJI I don't think they would. Why? DJI is in a position where they could be targeted by the government (much like Apple, Microsoft, or Google have been). Doing something that is so blatantly anti-competitive in an area where they are the marketshare leader (and it isn't even close) would be a poor decision on DJI's part.
I don't think the Govt is going to get too involved with market share concerns for an app used by maybe 20% of drone purchasers. When it comes to decisions like that for third party support co's, it's easy for a large Z co to even whisper... ahhh you may want to rethink working with Y co.

The other side of that is market share. DJI dominates the market and Autel is a mere 5% if that. There were some members at Autel FB group that said they would be putting together something now that the SDK is out. So now it's a wait and see for how soon, and what kind of design they can come up with.

Even with Autel SDK out, I'm not holding my breath for anything other than Explorer. That's not a bad thing, just the same sentiment. How many third party app designers are going to get involved for a small market product. It took a while to see Litchi.

In MI world there are many digital mixers with apps. I look at those similarly. There Behringer is killing other companies with their X Series boards. Those boards have third party app makers for both iOS and Android. QSC, Mackie, are likened to Parrot and Autel in the drone world. Those same third party designers have said although there are no threats, they would be concerned about losing their license with Music Tribe (Behringer). So I figured the same with Litchi, and it does make sense.

Autel has open the SDK, now all we can do is wait on Litchi. Litchi if here us please make the good drone better.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials