Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Limit on a Mission Flight?

Ronald W.

Reaction score
Hi. I am seriously considering buying an Evo 1. One thing I would like to know if there is a distance limit from the start point for planning and executing a Mission (Waypoint) flight? Thanks very much for any input on this.

Hi. Thanks for your help but I was referring to a distance limit from the startpoint incorporated into the Explorer app.

Hi. Thanks for your help but I was referring to a distance limit from the startpoint incorporated into the Explorer app.
Not very scientific, so I could be way off, but sitting at home with the app on my iPad—no controller or drone connected—it limited me to just under 4900ft in a roughly straight line out on a multiple waypoint mission. At that point, trying to add another waypoint, I got a message telling me it was too long. As I said, that could be way off. Would never fly that far out myself because of VLOS.

Reactions: HiloHawaiian
Hi. Anybody have a definitive answer for my original question? I know VLOS should enter into pilot behavior and I plan on getting a Lumecube Anti-Collision drone strobe for my drone so that should definitely expand the VLOS. Thanks.

Hi. Anybody have a definitive answer for my original question? I know VLOS should enter into pilot behavior and I plan on getting a Lumecube Anti-Collision drone strobe for my drone so that should definitely expand the VLOS. Thanks.

Autel has always limited the distance on missions. I believe they did expand it a tad but not by much. They have a Geo circle around your mission and you cannot go outside of that circle. It was mentioned 4900 feet which I think is correct. Autel will not drop that as many have asked.

Hi. The 4900 ft. limit seems very adequate. When setting up the waypoints can you program the Evo to take photos at points of interest along the way? Thanks again for the help.

Hi. The 4900 ft. limit seems very adequate. When setting up the waypoints can you program the Evo to take photos at points of interest along the way? Thanks again for the help.
Don’t know about points of interest but you can set the camera to take stills over various time ranges.

Evo 1 does not know and will never know Points of Interest (POI or ROI) during Waypoints routes.
If you want to play with Points of Interest, wait for Evo 2. He has them in his Waypoints programming and much more (Gradual rise between waypoints, programmable aiming angle etc ...).

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58