Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Li-Ion batteries for the Nano and Lite

ssb73q

Reaction score
Hi, a number of months ago I asked Autel if they would ever offer a Li-Ion battery for their Autel drones. Autel's reply was that they intend on offering a Li-Ion battery for the Nano and Lite, but not for the EVO 2. I recently again asked if Autel was going to supply the Li-Ion batteries for the Nano. The replay from a new customer service rep was that he had no knowledge of such a future offering. The new DJI Mini 3 has an optional larger battery that puts the drone weight over 250g, but offers a flight time of ~45 minutes.

You may ask, why would I want a Li-Ion battery for the Nano instead of Li-Pol? The Li-Pol batteries go into an auto discharge while Li-Ion batteries can keep a full charge for an extended time without hurting the battery. Having fully charged batteries on hand would allow a pilot to get his bird in the air instantly instead of waiting for batteries to charge.

Many are aware that the DJI Mini 2 that has Li-Pol batteries, but can use the Li-Ion batteries of the DJI Mini 1. Using those Li-Ion batteries puts the DJI Mini 2 over 250g, but in the USA, just register and put the FAA tail number on the drone.

I would sure like to have Li-Ion batteries offered for the Autel drones, or at least an increased capacity Li-Pol battery offering. Flight time is important to me.

What do you think?

Regards,
Richard

Reactions: ADOC
i currently have the mini 2 and i have both types of batteries (left over from my former mini 1). i have found zero differences in my drone-flying life.

They won't offer those. Why have a battery that's more resilient and lasts longer? Having to replace the cells less frequently or having cells that last longer than 2 years isn't good for business. When batteries get old you replace them. When they are no longer available, you replace the craft. That's "good" business. I don't see Autel wanting to disrupt that cycle.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d