Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Li-Ion batteries for Autel drones

ssb73q

Reaction score
Hi, as many of you know, The DJI Mini Li-Ion battery can be used in the DJI Mini 2 drone that uses Li-Po batteries. Charged Li-Po batteries are discharged slowly after receiving a charge to protect the battery. Li-Ion batteries however retain a full charge long after charging. Having a couple of Li-Ion batteries fully charged lets me fly my DJI Mini 2 in an instant notice.

I thought that it would be great if Autel supplied Li-Ion batteries in addition to their Li-Po batteries so that I could get my Autel EVO lls up in the air in an emergency. A number of months ago I emailed Autel with this suggestion. Last week I emailed Autel again to find out if Autel is going to act on my suggestion. Autel told me that they will offer Li-Ion for their Nano and Lite drones in the future, but have no intention on supplying Li-Ion batteries for the EVO ll. I'm disappointed and would like to see a third party supply Li-Ion batteries for the EVO ll.

BTW, I think that Autel makes more money selling batteries than drones. Too bad that they won't step up and offer Li-Ion batteries for the EVO ll and Enterprise.

Regards,
Richard

Reactions: jlanni
Hi, as many of you know, The DJI Mini Li-Ion battery can be used in the DJI Mini 2 drone that uses Li-Po batteries. Charged Li-Po batteries are discharged slowly after receiving a charge to protect the battery. Li-Ion batteries however retain a full charge long after charging. Having a couple of Li-Ion batteries fully charged lets me fly my DJI Mini 2 in an instant notice.

I thought that it would be great if Autel supplied Li-Ion batteries in addition to their Li-Po batteries so that I could get my Autel EVO lls up in the air in an emergency. A number of months ago I emailed Autel with this suggestion. Last week I emailed Autel again to find out if Autel is going to act on my suggestion. Autel told me that they will offer Li-Ion for their Nano and Lite drones in the future, but have no intention on supplying Li-Ion batteries for the EVO ll. I'm disappointed and would like to see a third party supply Li-Ion batteries for the EVO ll.

BTW, I think that Autel makes more money selling batteries than drones. Too bad that they won't step up and offer Li-Ion batteries for the EVO ll and Enterprise.

Regards,
Richard
More money selling batteries than drones. At this point you are 100% correct. For this reason and Autels terrible treatment of its base I have set an EOL for Autel Robotics. Two more of my batteries went into the dumpster and 8 remaining, when they are gone, they are gone. EOL for my awesome EVO 1 will have arrived. Long ago I made a pledge to give Autel not one more penny. I can't wait for the day I video the EVO 1 being crushed while rotors spinning on the ground by a boot that has my foot in it.

I no longer trust my Evo 2 Pro over water or over ANY location that is not immediately suitable for an emergency landing. When its batteries (some not all of them) get to around 90 charges, they can go bad and unlike my DJI drones, the E2Pro doesnt give you any confidence that It can safely return to home if the battery gets low. If one of the cells is off from the others, the percentage on the controller immediately indicates ZERO percent and the drone immediately lands. Better batteries would be a huge plus but if they cant sell good LIPO's, I doubt they will sell good LI-IONs...

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy