Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Kitesurf video

It is not as big a problem as you might think when looking at it as a by-stander. It does happen that two kites get tangled but it is very rare.
I plan on getting a lot closer but that requires the right spot and close interaction with the subject rider(s).

Reactions: ElectricPickle
It is not as big a problem as you might think when looking at it as a by-stander. It does happen that two kites get tangled but it is very rare.
I plan on getting a lot closer but that requires the right spot and close interaction with the subject rider(s).

I've filmed a few kite surfers and it definitely takes extreme caution to ensure drone does not get entangled in the lines or kites. The kites are so small that you have to get close to make it interesting yet the surfers are so unpredictable that you have to leave plenty of room for one of their unexpected maneuvers.

Reactions: ElectricPickle
I've filmed a few kite surfers and it definitely takes extreme caution to ensure drone does not get entangled in the lines or kites. The kites are so small that you have to get close to make it interesting yet the surfers are so unpredictable that you have to leave plenty of room for one of their unexpected maneuvers.
I know nothing about kite surfing other than if I were younger I would have tried it. From Jannik's video it looks like they are running a pattern similar to what pilots use at airports, ie, upwind, crosswind, and downwind. That would make sense considering they all want the best wind and waves. I would definitely have a discussion with the kite surfers before getting close in so they are aware of your intentions.

I'm an experienced kitesurfer and I can feel that it is a major advantage. I can foresee what a rider will do and what will happen during the move. Not that it shows in this video, since it was very unplanned. I was going to surf myself but decided to through up the drone instead.

I know nothing about kite surfing other than if I were younger I would have tried it. From Jannik's video it looks like they are running a pattern similar to what pilots use at airports, ie, upwind, crosswind, and downwind. That would make sense considering they all want the best wind and waves. I would definitely have a discussion with the kite surfers before getting close in so they are aware of your intentions.
How old are you? Kite surfing is great, I started 3 years ago at 47 :)

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials