Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Kaiwiki waterfall

Cool! Very nice picture! I used to live about 5 miles away near Rainbow Falls. I've flown over Kaiwiki Falls several times. It's amazing because it's almost impossible to see this waterfall any other way than by drone. You can hear it, but the canyon is so steep and overgrown you just can't see it. There are so many unknown, unnamed waterfalls in this area -- the only way to find them is with Google/Apple Maps in satellite mode. Kaiwiki Falls is in this video at 1:25

Reactions: Hawkeye Alaska
It's my first drone and I don't know how to edit video good but with time I hope I can make a video like that.

It's my first drone and I don't know how to edit video good but with time I hope I can make a video like that.
If you have a Mac, iMovie is a great place to start. It's easy to learn, handles 4k very well, multiple sound tracks, and keeps getting better with each update. I keep going back to iMovie for drone videos b/c it's so easy to use. Good luck!
This video took 2 years, it might interest you b/c much of the coastline shots (Kapoho Bay, Kapoho Tide Pools, Ahalanui Beach Park, Isaac Hale Beach Park) are either radically changed, or gone -- buried by lava...

Cool! Very nice picture! I used to live about 5 miles away near Rainbow Falls. I've flown over Kaiwiki Falls several times. It's amazing because it's almost impossible to see this waterfall any other way than by drone. You can hear it, but the canyon is so steep and overgrown you just can't see it. There are so many unknown, unnamed waterfalls in this area -- the only way to find them is with Google/Apple Maps in satellite mode. Kaiwiki Falls is in this video at 1:25
How are the drone restrictions at state parks in Hawaii?

How are the drone restrictions at state parks in Hawaii?
Good question. I‘m pretty sure drones are not allowed, but it’s very loosely enforced on the Big Island. I bet on the other islands it might be tighter b/c there’s far more people. I’ve flown in a lot of BI state parks. The only time I had an issue was in the Mauna Loa Preserve, which is patroled by state rangers (bagged me twice, verbal warning). There’s a small rusted sign with a paragraph of small text that nobody reads that lists stuff you can’t do, one is operate a remotely controlled device. The odd thing is, Mauna Loa Preserve is 7,000 to 13,500’, 100 sq.mi. of lava wasteland. No plants or animals, damn few humans...

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy